Any chance of HKG from IAH?

Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Yes, my bad, sorry. I did mean PEK...
How can United fly EWR-HKG at ~8050 miles but not IAH-PEK at ~7100 miles?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
How can United fly EWR-HKG at ~8050 miles but not IAH-PEK at ~7100 miles?
You're right. They can definitely fly IAH-PEK.

What they can't fly is IAH-PKG (Pangkor, Malaysia)

Ha ha...
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by dulcamara
AA's new flight DFW-HKG is sending the prices down. I'm seeing $3.7K prices in C from AA, NH, UA, and DL. Only CX is keeping the prices at 5.5K.

Seems to me that at that price, UA has very little incentive to add flights to HKG, much as I'd like that.
Except there is a 7-day minimum stay for all the dates that you are looking at.

IAH-HKG is unlikely. South America is not a strong UA market, so I am not sure if they really need the send the passengers from South America to HKG. NRT is a different story, as they have strong ties with Japan and GRU.

AA -> You take off the 7-day minimum stay, I will get the I fare without a doubt.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
It seems the new plan for a lot of airlines is to move into China instead of HKG. I do most of my travel through HKG only to get into Shenzhen and have been looking at going direct into SZX and the pricing is getting closer and closer each year.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: UA,DL
IAH-China/HKG just isn't profitable using the 772 or 744 so I think that when UA finally has enough 788/789s and can fly them efficiently is when there is hope that IAH-China is possible.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
I still pine for IAD - HKG.. but alas I know that will never happen. I just did HKG - NRT - IAD last week and really liked the routing and timing. Of course the HKG - NRT seg was operated by NQ which was fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.