Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Routes: IAH-SCL, IAH-PUJ, and ORD-BZE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Routes: IAH-SCL, IAH-PUJ, and ORD-BZE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mduell
Maybe confused his Taiwanese airlines - CI does it not BR.
We're talking about predictions there.

We predict BR will step in since CA is doing so well
Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
We're talking about predictions there.

We predict BR will step in since CA is doing so well
The BR TPE-IAH was listed right next to the actual existing CA PEK-IAH in the post, I missed how one was a prediction and one was reality.

Originally Posted by EmailKid
China Air USED TO fly this route, now it's Air China @:-)

Different countries of course, but ...

IAH airlines
China Airlines currently to IAH. The Air China flight to IAH is not a replacement.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Also of note, LAX-PVG gets an upgauge to a 787-9 next year, progressively increasing frequency until enough aircraft are on property to support daily service.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by EWR764
Also of note, LAX-PVG gets an upgauge to a 787-9 next year, progressively increasing frequency until enough aircraft are on property to support daily service.
That's one change we like ... increasing J seats by 33% should make award availability even better

whoever said UA isn't committed to LAX ?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
ORD-TLV isn't going to happen anytime soon. LY had that route for a few years but cancelled it. The Jewish community in Chicago, or the entire Midwest for that matter, is small and pretty secular. Not a whole lot of regular back-and-forth between the Midwest and Israel. UA can better service the route from EWR, which would have a lot of O/D traffic.

I think SFO-TLV would make far more sense than ORD.
Not only is this off topic but it's absolute nonsense. Just a few of your errors...

1. There are 300,000 Jews in the Chicago area ALONE. And while they may be mostly secular (which is the case for most everywhere in the US), the vast majority are still pro-Israel... so I'm not sure what your "secular" comment is trying to imply.

2. LY had that route for "a few years??" They had it for decades and cancelled after 9/11. Often with a stop in EWR.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Got five MP tickets for winter break IAD -BZE, connecting through ORD. Ya!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
The BR TPE-IAH was listed right next to the actual existing CA PEK-IAH in the post, I missed how one was a prediction and one was reality.

China Airlines currently to IAH. The Air China flight to IAH is not a replacement.
The current China Airlines Taipei flight to IAH is a dedicated freighter.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alggag
The current China Airlines Taipei flight to IAH is a dedicated freighter.
Yep, B744 with a stop in ANC, like the Cathay B748.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I'm trying to find the old flight record.

The reason why I recall this was because when I fly to HKG normally we would go, IAH-NRT-HKG

A few friends were telling me back in 08 that they had IAH-PEK-HKG (which is what we use now through CA)
It would be huge news if China ever granted rights PEK-HKG to a foreign airline!

And back to topic, I think it is great SCL is back in the network. Good news!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:28 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by uanj
And back to topic, I think it is great SCL is back in the network. Good news!
I too like it, but I don't like the prices ex-CLE or -CAK. Where's the discount inaugural pricing?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Service to SCL gets a big ^ from me! I never did the Copa thing, preferring to transfer to LAN in LIM. The new route will be much better for flying overnight.

Re the reciprocity fee mentioned earlier: I wasn't aware this has been stopped. I paid mine in 2010 and I could have sworn the last time I was at SCL airport (April 2014) this was checked at immigration? I could be wrong.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive
Originally Posted by 787fan
That's one change we like ... increasing J seats by 33% should make award availability even better

whoever said UA isn't committed to LAX ?
It would be even better if they would reinstate the 3 class 777, especially to NRT!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Service to SCL gets a big ^ from me! I never did the Copa thing, preferring to transfer to LAN in LIM. The new route will be much better for flying overnight.

Re the reciprocity fee mentioned earlier: I wasn't aware this has been stopped. I paid mine in 2010 and I could have sworn the last time I was at SCL airport (April 2014) this was checked at immigration? I could be wrong.
Quite recent. Feb/March 2014

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Jun 17, 2014 at 6:12 pm Reason: addition
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by vorellanaj
2 class 763. First, UA must to recover their former customers in SCL route and if occupation factors are high, they would think to open from another hub (IAD, EWR, for example) and an aircraft model with Global First configuration. (772A for example)
Too bad it is a 2-class 763, not very competitive. Was hoping for a way to burn all these UA miles.

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Quite recent. Feb/March 2014
Very good to know, thanks.

Maybe confused his Taiwanese airlines - CI does it not BR.
This CI flight (MIA-IAH-ANC-TPE) is cargo only, just FYI.

(Edit: Sorry for the thread necro - was searching on a related topic and didn't notice the thread was old. Also, obviously did not read the last page before posting this reply. )

Last edited by gengar; Aug 29, 2014 at 11:27 am
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
According to a FA, United is looking at making IAD to BAH and IAD to KUW both direct flights with no stop over! Reason not so much is for passenger demand, but for cargo.

Makes sense if true, especially with the UAE and Qatar already dominated by their respective airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.