Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] United Express (UX) route cuts [2014 & onward]

Old May 27, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
West Coast route cuts/additions/material changes:

LAX - 8 daily ends 1 daily starts net reduction 7 daily
LAX-PIT (1x daily)
LAX-PDX (2x daily ended)
LAX-SJC (2x daily)
LAX-BFL (Bakersfield, CA) (2x daily ended)
LAX-YLW (1x daily, moved to SFO)
4 gates in Terminal 6 leased to AA (Gates 60-63)
ADDED LAX-MEL (789)
ADDED LAX-MSP (CR7)
LAX-CLD (7x daily ending May 2015)

SFO
SFO-NRT (reduced x1 777/day, switched to HND)
SFO-LMT (Klamath Falls, OR)(ended)
SFO-MOD (Modesto, CA) (ended)
ADDED SFO-HND (1x daily 772, moved from NRT)
ADDED SFO-YLW (1x daily CR2, moved from LAX)
ADDED SFO-ATL (2x daily 738)

Expanded SFO-MSP (previously 1x daily mainline, winter 2x E75, next summer 1x E75 + 1x mainline)
Expanded SFO-STL (previously 1x daily mainline, soon 1xE75 + 1x mainline)
Expanded SFO-RDU 2x daily mainline over the summer

SEA

SEA-NRT (gone)
SEA-GEG (gone)
SEA-ANC (ended)
SEA-CLE (seasonal, gone)

PDX
PDX-SEA (ended)
PDX-EUG (ended)
PDX-RDM (ended)
PDX-CLE (seasonal, gone)
PDX-LMT (Klamath Falls, OR)(ended)

LAS
LAS-FAT (Fresno CA)
LAS-PSP (Palm Springs, CA)
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] United Express (UX) route cuts [2014 & onward]

Old May 22, 2014, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
We've been smiseked!

Seriously, is UA trying to go out of business?
Old May 22, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Wow, PDX-LAX? It looks like DL will take over the LAX traffic. UA running again. As I have said, you put express only flights, people will eventually fly someone else. You put crj200, everyone will find a different option.

People aren't dumb and they know what aircraft they are on these days. This isn't 10 years ago.

Anyway, LAX will probably lose SEA next. Pretty sure of that.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
No more PDX-SEA-FRA/ICN/NRT/TPE on star alliance Always fly PDX-SEA-FRA. The UAX portion is ALWAYS consistently full of people transiting to SEA-FRA. Not looking forward to being rerouted via SFO, DEN or ORD.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I wish United would contract with SeaPort Airlines. For the shorter segments, the Cessna Caravan would be economical, and SeaPort already shares the gate at PDX with Skywest.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
These E120 routes were always a great way to add a few miles to my trips to SEA or PDX. Agreed cutting PDX-LAX is just nuts.

If the E120's are going away does this mean SAN-LAX frequency is next on the chopping block?!
Old May 22, 2014, 8:41 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Any guesses when Air Jeff decides to tell me about this for my flight booked PDX-SEA on 4/1/15? Contest anyone?
Old May 22, 2014, 8:43 pm

This is pathetic. Simply pathetic. Project Quality! Cutting to prosperity and increasing shareholder value! Rah rah!

I guess I have only myself to blame. I would take a superior AS/QX Q400 running just about hourly any day of the week between PDX and SEA over an oddly timed UA/OO E120....and I do regularly. QX used to even throw a couple CRJ700s on PDX - SEA before they sold them to OO.

I really wonder how much of this decision is driven by the DL and OO relationship since the NW E120 flying was at OO risk? This whole industry just seems so incestuous and collusive now.

As far as PDX - LAX that is just sad. I remember flights when I was a wee lad between LAX and PDX on old UA 727-100s in the late 70s. UA used to OWN the west coast...literally. The original terminal building at PDX was constructed and owned by UA. The original foundation is still there and is near where the current fire station and FAA facility is off Marine Dr.

Last edited by B787938; May 22, 2014 at 8:49 pm
Old May 22, 2014, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by goalie
Any guesses when Air Jeff decides to tell me about this for my flight booked PDX-SEA on 4/1/15? Contest anyone?
Hopefully before 4/1/15
Old May 22, 2014, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by goalie
Counting back 30 days, if we're picking squares I'll take March 2.
Old May 22, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA Plat, DL Silver, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Wow, PDX-LAX? It looks like DL will take over the LAX traffic. UA running again. As I have said, you put express only flights, people will eventually fly someone else. You put crj200, everyone will find a different option.

People aren't dumb and they know what aircraft they are on these days. This isn't 10 years ago.

Anyway, LAX will probably lose SEA next. Pretty sure of that.
Or hopefully AA will add some flights...they already added LAX RDM and LAX EUG so PDX is sorely missing.
Old May 22, 2014, 9:27 pm

Come on, it's perfectly clear: UA is preparing to announce their partnership with AS, to be initiated immediately after the AS / DL partnership ends.
Old May 22, 2014, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Come on, it's perfectly clear: UA is preparing to announce their partnership with AS, to be initiated immediately after the AS / DL partnership ends.
That is funny. It would mean the resumption of SEA - ANC though?
Old May 22, 2014, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
As an AS flyer -- oh god please no!!!!
Old May 22, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Is this a sick joke, or some kind of cry for help?
Old May 22, 2014, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
UA is preparing to announce their partnership with AS, to be initiated immediately after the AS / DL partnership ends.
They certainly are not. There would be no strategic balance, cross-feed, etc. in AS-UA. What AS needs from partnerships is national coverage where AS doesn't go (and UA has nothing going in the Southeast) and international mile-earning options (which AS has well-covered with BA, EK, CX, KE, QF, AF, KL, AM, and LA -- any of which most people would prefer to fly over UA). UA has no international routes anymore from SEA, so they'd hardly replace DL, and shrinking domestic coverage ex-SEA. Literally, UA has nothing to offer AS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.