Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Double Miles and choice of 2 United Club Passes or 1 Regional Upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
So has anyone gotten miles posted for the original double miles + RPU promo? I had one RT in the period that i thought would qualify. It was a B fare on the outbound and a T on the return. I emailed MP CS and received this response:

Hello Mr. jasonvr,

We’re always glad to hear from Premier Platinum members like you. Thanks for writing.

Your roundtrip on xxxx, 2014 through yyyy, 2014 did not qualify for the double miles or the Regional Premier Upgrade. Your fare class on the return portion was a T fare. T was not a valid fare for this promotion. The ticket you purchased had to be a roundtrip ticket to qualify so it is the return fare that voided the promotion.

Whenever possible, we try to accommodate our customers' requests and are sorry that we cannot do so in this instance. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future.
In the past I thought that UA credited for the segments that met the fare class as long as the trip was a RT. Anyone has something like this actually credit properly? What's sad is that I am literally looking at less than 1100 miles to be credited, so I'm not sure how much effort it is really worth....
Old Oct 7, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
I'm wondering the same thing! I want my RPU (which probably won't clear anyways)!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Extra miles showed up in my Non-airline activity category in the last couple of days. It was dated 7-31-14 and labeled as MileagePlus promo bonus miles.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card

I've gotten the RPU so far but no miles.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
My RPU posted within a few days of registering.

Interestingly I now have a line in my non-airline section for "MileagePlus promo bonus miles" with a date of 7/31. I have no idea how they calculated the number of miles they posted, but it's more than I was expecting.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: Continental
I registered and flew in August, no RPU yet. It says it can take 4-6 weeks from end of promo so 10/15-31st...
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:41 am

was thinking the same thing. I had two flights in June that were originally ticketed to fare classes not eligible but paid for upgrade to J/P (not TOD check-in upgrade).

Still haven't received any RPU.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:18 pm

For those that haven't received their RPU, you need to email. The offer of the RPU is NOT contingent on flying. Per the first post, you get the RPU 7-10 days after registering, not after flying

2. Upon successful registration by June 30, 2014, the member will receive a choice of one Regional Premier Upgrade or two United Club one-time passes which will be deposited into your MileagePlus account within 7- 10 business days from the registration date.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:48 pm

I've gotten nothing - no RPU and no bonus miles. I had several RTs during the time period that qualified (including a paid A) transcon. Incredibly frustrating!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Over the weekend I received a deposit of miles with the notation, "MileagePlus promo bonus miles" ... I believe they came frm this promotion. I can't recall any others and I have no idea which of my tickets qualified.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
Miles still not posted for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.