Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Double Miles and choice of 2 United Club Passes or 1 Regional Upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Miles and choice of 2 United Club Passes or 1 Regional Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Darn, I want AA to send me something! UA's isn't very appealing...
Old May 23, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by txp
I got it. I am gold this year and on my way to no status next year due to shifting my travel to other airlines. Probably an attempt to bring people back who are falling behind in their travels.

This is not what will bring me back, however. A better quality product will.
Originally Posted by controller1
^ +1
get with the program. "Savvy" folks know that people only buy on (1) price and (2) frequency. Throw some more ERJ-145s at the problem and you will both come back.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I got this offer 3 or so weeks ago. I chose the RPU and it took ~8 days to deposit.

I'd usually have at least 40k PQM by now. I just crossed 10k last week.

I tend to travel heavier in the second half of the year, but currently only booked to 25k PQM. That's way off from years past.

Last edited by anc-ord772; May 23, 2014 at 12:58 am
Old May 23, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Has anyone registered to a Canadian address received one of these offers?
Old May 23, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by GS8101
It's targeted marketing, offer came from UA mkting department who identifies those whose travel dropped significantly this year.
That's me, a 1K at about 1/2 of where I was last year with nothing booked for the next few months. I got the offer and will probably register but this isn't really going to encourage me to increase my UAL flying. Now if it had been PQM.....
Old May 23, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Anyone whom received this would like to share the link. Albeit a longshot. A free RPU is better than a sharp stick in the eye.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old May 23, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: Platinum
I noticed this offer on my wife's (1K) main UA.com page. Got the RPU, showed up within a week. No love for me or her kids (gold/silvers)
Old May 23, 2014, 8:57 am

As a Gold, I got this offer about 3-4 weeks ago and selected the RPU. Signed up and actually then flew an A-class fare (last minute travel which I bought up to A-bucket after purchase for a cheap price) and also have a U-fare booked in two weeks. Still haven't seen the initial RPU (DELETED BONUS - as that comes after the promotion ends).

Do I complain, or do I even bother at this point? Nothing but misery dealing with this airline...

Last edited by CLEContinental; May 23, 2014 at 9:05 am
Old May 23, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
I typically never receive these targeted offers. I only fly ultra-low discount and usually on mileage run-type fares, so I've (rightly) never received an offer from them before.

I don't plan on flying with United in the future. I'm not sure which one I should take, as they're both near-worthless: the RPU (since I won't be flying with them) or two United Club passes (see the other threads).

Year to date, I've flown 6 PQS, 7,995 PQM (flown only to use my RPUs), and a very low PQD total, with no travel booked for the rest of the year.

Last year at this time, I had 6 PQS, 19,369 PQM, with 22K PQM booked (over 8-10 reservations, 4-5 RTs), including a out-of-the-ordinary (for me) in S fare class. And during IRROPS, the S fare was rebooked to full Y. So maybe that's the data point?
Old May 23, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
I got the offer a month ago,
I had not flown for 6 months (Tentacle Jr was born), so it seamed like they were trying to pull me back in. RPU cleared into my account within 2 weeks
Old May 23, 2014, 10:41 am

I got it and I'm just about 1K again (have enough paid tickets already this year to get to 125K easily, and spend will be >12K. But it says your ticketing must be from May 20 forward---and I've already bought all my tickets. Some are refundable, so I suppose I could cancel and recoup and try to get the bonus stuff. Probably won't though.
Old May 23, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Got this offer yesterday:

Make your travel more rewarding with United.

We are pleased to offer you an exclusive opportunity to earn up to 40,000 bonus award miles, four Regional Premier Upgrades or six United Club one-time passes, when you fly qualifying roundtrips on United between June 1 and August 31, 2014.

Register by June 30, 2014, and make every trip with United® more rewarding:
• Book your travel by August 31, 2014
• Fly between June 1 and August 31, 2014

Earn When you fly

1 qualifying roundtrip
10,000 award miles or a Regional Premier Upgrade or two United Club passes

2 qualifying roundtrips
15,000 award miles or two Regional Premier Upgrades or four United Club passes

4 qualifying roundtrips
40,000 award miles or four Regional Premier Upgrades or six United Club passes

Same fare class rules as OP.

Last edited by RJNYC; May 23, 2014 at 1:06 pm Reason: provided additional information
Old May 23, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by dank0014
No because I'm already over-entitled
lmao, this.

close thread.
Old May 23, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I'm too over entitled for such an offer. Us lowly 1Ks have our benefits cut, and then RPUs and GPUs are just handed out to others like candy.
Old May 23, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerAl
Has anyone registered to a Canadian address received one of these offers?
yep, got this offer a few weeks ago, took maybe 10 days for the RPU to show up in my account!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.