Question about LH F Awards

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Question about LH F Awards

I know how the LH F awards dont open until a few days before the flight. I am in business FRA-JFK on an award and want to switch it to first when/if it opens. When I goto LH website and it only shows 2 seats left in first is it safe to assume that the award is not gonna open? What is usually the amount of seats available needed for them to release First award space? Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by xkr0p
I know how the LH F awards dont open until a few days before the flight. I am in business FRA-JFK on an award and want to switch it to first when/if it opens. When I goto LH website and it only shows 2 seats left in first is it safe to assume that the award is not gonna open? What is usually the amount of seats available needed for them to release First award space? Thanks
It all depends. JFK-FRA seems to get a decent amount of last minute paid bookings from my experience (I was monitoring a few days earlier this year). Just keep an eye out and best of luck. Also look at potential alternate routings to increase your chances of flying F.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
I would just keep watching. I think there are times when they mess around with F inventory depending on what's happening with the rest of the plane. I was watching a FRA-ORD flight last week--looked for awhile like there were no first seats available, then suddenly two O seats showed up.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xkr0p
My EWR-FRA in LH F a week ago was sold out in the week leading up to my flight...then a day before a couple seats opened, and O (F award) space opened up 3 hours before the flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.