Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] -- United Triple Award Miles thru [31-Jul-2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] -- United Triple Award Miles thru [31-Jul-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
It seems like there's been a lot of these lately. I was targeted for one of the other double miles ones with the bonus RPU.

Other than flying on government Y fares (which are excluded), I have only once bought a fare above E. Are they just hoping I don't read the terms and then am surprised when I don't get double miles? Or do they not realize that having never bought such high fares, that I'm unlikely to buy them for double miles?

Just to basically vent a bit more. Q, V, and W are good enough for GPU's. U & H are often a lot more expensive than those. I really miss the days of promos that actually incentivized me to do anything.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
I received this. 1K for 11 for the past 12 years, or something like that.

And yes, I have been flying UA less.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
I got it, but the T&C a bit awkwardly appears to require tickets purchased after registration... my flights were purchased before. Too bad, because I'm in P, so would have actually qualified.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
I received a similar offer that seems to be triggered by a survey I did.

2 Club passes or an RPU. One difference I noticed was mine also includes U and H fare classes.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Got this email as well. Just recently flown UA round trip to Asia and completed the survey.

So if a 1K was to book a P fare to Taipei and pair up with this promotion.. you would end up with.. 6.5x of base RDM?

Base miles = 100%
P fare bonus = 50%
1K = 100% bonus
TPE promotion (TB9M60)= 100% bonus
Triple mile bonus = 300%
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: UA, DL, Hilton etc.
1k who hasn't flown UA since January here, got the offer and had completed the survey a while back.

StivStivSteve
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I received this today -- Platinum who has traveled more than usual lately. I also completed the survey a few days ago.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
1K flying more than in years past. 16 surveys completed this year. The only emails I receive are invitations to pay to ship my luggage
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Very Disappointed

Here's another twist. Both my sister are 1Ks, and have flown virtually the same flights over the past 5 years. She received one. I did not. Same flights, same zip code, the only difference being that I am a million miler and she is not, and I always complete the post-flight surveys.

When I queried the 1K line, I got the usual BS about how how everyone receives these.

"We’re always glad to hear from Premier 1K members like you. Thanks for writing.
Many promotions are targeted to select members based on multiple factors which may include flight history, geographic location, routes promotion, or to motivate travel, etc.
We apologize for the disappointment in not receiving the offer that your sister received."

United should can their "friendly" ad campaign as the new United is not at all friendly~
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Billiken
Valid for tickets after 22-April.
Begging for revenue...............
And not just any revenue, premium-fares and/or flyers.
Old May 6, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Just got this in the mail today. I was a GS for years, but stopped flying UA for any intl flights. Went from 80K-100K BIS business class a year to 0 so far this year. This won't change my mind...
Old May 6, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
I received this one in Richmond, VA as a 1K - first of any of these offers I have been eligible for. The fare class restrictions are almost absurd ...
Old May 7, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: United
OK, bit of a dilemma. 1K the past two years, but haven't flown United at all this year due to work patterns. Just received this promotion by mail and registered.

As it so happens, I have an upcoming, already booked trip in P that is 22,000 base miles. First of all, if it was booked during the booking period (i.e. April 22) but before registering, does it even qualify? The language is somewhat vague on this.

If it does qualify, here's the dilemma - if I skip the very last 800 mile segment, which ends up a bit extraneous to the trip, I assume I won't get any of the triple mile bonus. How many miles would I be missing out on? Is it 33,000 miles or 44,000 miles? Or less?

What I think the bonus means is:
Base miles: 100%
P class-of-service bonus: 50%
1K premier bonus: 100%
Triple miles bonus: 200% (3X inc base miles)

But maybe it means:
Base miles : 100%
Triple miles bonus: 150% (because they include the class of service in the triple miles )

or

Base miles: 100%
Triple miles bonus: 50% (because they include the class-of-service and 1K bonuses)

Would you endure an extraneous 800 mile leg and six-hour layover at the end of a weeklong, <20K mile trip to earn an extra 30K RDM's or so?
Old May 9, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: MP 1K MM
Can someone post the reg link, please? I got the promo flyer but my wife tossed it away before I could register.
Old May 9, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by OddFlyer
Can someone post the reg link, please? I got the promo flyer but my wife tossed it away before I could register.
Log in to your account & go to https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...s/default.aspx - it's generally there if you are eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.