Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

To the UA employees working on Easter: Thank you!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

Again, I would like to thank all the employees at UA and at all carriers Worldwide - thank you for working Easter. I know you would be happier being with your family, but like cops, firemen, hospitals, etc, airlines do not stop because of a holiday.

To the professional employees I meet several times a week at UA, DL, AA, WN and other carriers. Keep your chin up and HAPPY EASTER!

I hope UA has a potluck or something for you. Make it fun and have an Easter egg hunt around the ticket counter and gates for the kids.

Again, thank you and keep up the good work! ^
Old Apr 20, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Very well, heartfelt and appreciated post, kettle1!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: UA/MM/1K

+1 . Thank u.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Posting my thanks from the B6 UC at ORD. ^
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100

Big thanks to CLE ground and UC staff..... Thinking of you as the cuts continue. All the best to some of the best is the system.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:51 pm

No Easter Ham dinner on my flight today, but the service was good. Thank you.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:16 pm

Programs: 1MM; UA GS; United Club; Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold); SPG Gold; National Exec Elite; Global En
Thank you!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
TSAs, GAs, FAs, etc seemed to be in good spirits yesterday going through IAD.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
I always thought it would be tough working on the major holidays. Thanks to those that do!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I presume your sentiments apply to every other holiday as well and to all religions? Why just a shout out for Easter which is inconsequential to many of us including atheists?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I presume your sentiments apply to every other holiday as well and to all religions? Why just a shout out for Easter which is inconsequential to many of us including atheists?
Exactly, well said!

Am no United steward, but I worked both Easter days, yesterday and today... nothing special, do I need a thanks? Nope...
Easter is the most boring and weird holidays in the year. Nothing fun happens and all shops are closed. Would rather work then be bored. I have to work on Kings day however and would rather get pissed, but it comes with my job! So no th
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Because yesterday happened to be Easter for all Protestant/Catholic/Eastern Orthodox Christians, which is a rare occurrence (Protestant/Catholic and Eastern Orthodox sects generally celebrate Easter on different days). Recent polls also indicate that roughly 3/4 of Americans and Europeans, 90% of those in Latin America, and 2/3 of Canadians self-identify as some sort of Christian (level of devoutness notwithstanding). Assuming that the United Airlines workforce is a representative sample, a majority of employees would also self-identify as Christian.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find threads thanking airline employees for working on other religious/secular holidays.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:21 pm

Yeah, why show a little love to our fellow man/woman?

If people choose to have a different belief, and worship differently, then why be a little bit kind to them?

I worked many a Christmas, New Years, Easter, and Thanksgiving and didn't spend much time with my kids during those holidays, but it was required if I wanted to keep my job. Never got any OT either. I don't think anybody, especially my family, thanked me for that sacrifice. However, I never copped an attitude towards anyone who simply said "Thanks" to those who provided a service to my family on a holiday (ANY HOLIDAY).
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find threads thanking airline employees for working on other religious/secular holidays.
such as recent (2013 threads) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nksgiving.html
or
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...stmas-day.html

to others -- chill out.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
We had a fun F cabin experience about 2 years ago when I flew on Cinco de Mayo and talked a fair share of people into getting margaritas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.