Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by 747FC
Just noticed that there are fewer GF seats flying from LHR to the West Coast, due to 789s. The GFL must be even more private than usual.

Hoping to get space in GF....(sigh)...
Also fewer flying to EWR. On many days there are no GF seats to EWR now, whereas there were times with as many as 15 to 20 a day.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ani90
Also fewer flying to EWR. On many days there are no GF seats to EWR now, whereas there were times with as many as 15 to 20 a day.
Which seems strange as LON-NYC is considered one of the prime routes for First Class.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: VS gold, AA gold
UA lounge from T3

I will be flying VS out of T3, but I have a full UA club membership through the MP Club card. I know T2 and T3 are not accessible to one another airside, but will I be able to enter T2 to go to the UA lounge on a VS boarding card?

(I know the VS clubhouse is way better than UA, but I'd like to meet up with a friend at the UA lounge).

Last edited by bkitahara; Sep 19, 2016 at 10:12 am
Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bkitahara
I will be flying VS out of T3, but I have a full UA club membership through the MP Club card. I know T2 and T3 are not accessible to one another airside, but will I be able to enter T2 to go to the UA lounge on a VS boarding card?

(I know the VS clubhouse is way better than UA, but I'd like to meet up with a friend at the UA lounge).
No. You must have a BP for the Terminal you are entering.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Will I be admitted to GFL?

Just got a GF flight departing from FRA. My journey will begin in LHR and connect with a LH. j ticket. Anyone know whether I'll be admitted to the GF lounge? Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by 747FC
Just got a GF flight departing from FRA. My journey will begin in LHR and connect with a LH. j ticket. Anyone know whether I'll be admitted to the GF lounge? Thanks!
Direct answer to your question is that you can use the GFL if you have A boarding pass for travel within 24 hours in United Global First.

While not answering your question, the flights to FRA almost always leave from A terminal so seems a bit of a trek to go from there to the B terminal and back just to use the lounge. Going to the GFL can add 40 minutes (of walking) to your journey which could be better spent elsewhere. Personally I would just go to the LH lounge which is about 5 mins from your departing gate, as opposed to the GFL which can be up to 20 mins. Unless you have one of those rare occasions where LH flights leave from B gate (and even then it often wont be announced till very close to the flight) then probably not worth it.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by bkitahara
I'd disagree... if your only experience of United Clubs has been in the US, you would be pleasantly surprised by the UC in LHR.

In fact, UA > SQ in the LHR lounge-stakes... words I never expected to type!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes but the LH Senator lounge is excellent also and much, much more convenient.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:56 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
I'd disagree... if your only experience of United Clubs has been in the US, you would be pleasantly surprised by the UC in LHR.

In fact, UA > SQ in the LHR lounge-stakes... words I never expected to type!
I'll have the opportunity to try both GFL and SQ lounge at LHR next month. Do you really mean that UA is better than SQ?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by ani90
Direct answer to your question is that you can use the GFL if you have A boarding pass for travel within 24 hours in United Global First.

While not answering your question, the flights to FRA almost always leave from A terminal so seems a bit of a trek to go from there to the B terminal and back just to use the lounge. Going to the GFL can add 40 minutes (of walking) to your journey which could be better spent elsewhere. Personally I would just go to the LH lounge which is about 5 mins from your departing gate, as opposed to the GFL which can be up to 20 mins. Unless you have one of those rare occasions where LH flights leave from B gate (and even then it often wont be announced till very close to the flight) then probably not worth it.
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Thanks for your advice. We will see if we feel up for the hike. Just love the made-to-order at the GFL, and the low density.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
1P, UA GFL is definitely better than SQ.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Originally Posted by happydude
Anyone know if the LHR Arrivals lounge is still operating? Will be leaving later today to fly to LHR in BusinessFirst. It is not listed on the United website anymore. Website only lists San Francisco.
Where is it? Do you get to it after immigration but before bag reclaim??
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mmack
Where is it? Do you get to it after immigration but before bag reclaim??
After immigration AND customs, in the public area of the terminal (where you'd wait for an incoming passenger.) Make a left immediately after exiting customs. Very easy to find.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:45 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
and much better for food and relax kinda mood. ua is always crowded in am and lh at worst is steady but i've also seen it dead on weekday mornings while ua is jammed with humans

no they won't make you a uk version of a margarita like ua but they have sparkling whine at all hours and a far far far far better meal spread.

ua wins for shower, shirt press, full service bar, and space/layout if you're in a large party

lh wins for everything else, especially if you're at those way oversized narrow body gates in t2

lhr t2 sucks but at least they got good lounges

you won't be disappointed unless you visit ac

Originally Posted by 1P
I'll have the opportunity to try both GFL and SQ lounge at LHR next month. Do you really mean that UA is better than SQ?
try both then report back

sq has diverse and giant spread (and singapore slings) but i find food to be very meh, honestly i find ua a bit better but i tend to want american food whenever go thru ua
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:25 pm

You can find the UA Arrivals lounge on this map, right next to the Plaza Premium lounge:

http://maps.heathrow.com/index.php?z...0y175653a10110

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.