Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by agentzenish
My brother and I are flying in to LHR next month from SFO. We get in early, and then have a connecting flight on British Airways elsewhere in Europe about five hours later. I'd love to be able to get a shower and some food at the United Club.

My question - Will I be able to get into T2 departures to get the Club with my BA boarding pass, even though it will be leaving from another terminal?
What airline are you flying SFO to LHR? What cabin and what is your Star Alliance status?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
My brother and I are flying in to LHR next month from SFO. We get in early, and then have a connecting flight on British Airways elsewhere in Europe about five hours later. I'd love to be able to get a shower and some food at the United Club.

My question - Will I be able to get into T2 departures to get the Club with my BA boarding pass, even though it will be leaving from another terminal?
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Are you aware that there is a United Arrivals Lounge that GF and BF passengers may use. They have a nice shower and decent breakfast food, some of which is made to-order.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not with a BA boarding pass, no.

But welcome to FT . . . may your next question have a happier answer.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Not with a BA boarding pass, no.

But welcome to FT . . . may your next question have a happier answer.
Boo. Thank you for the answer, however. I will look into some other options.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Boo. Thank you for the answer, however. I will look into some other options.
Just to be sure I am reading your question correctly, are you asking whether you can access the United Club or whether you can re-enter T2? The answer to the first question is a definite no, the second I believe to be no, but that second answer is not definitive. Folks who transit LHR more frequently should chime in.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just to be sure I am reading your question correctly, are you asking whether you can access the United Club or whether you can re-enter T2? The answer to the first question is a definite no, the second I believe to be no, but that second answer is not definitive. Folks who transit LHR more frequently should chime in.
Upon arrival you have to enter the UK or go through transit security and a quick doc check to the departure area in T2.
I don't think OP is going to be let into T2 transfers. I've not paid much attention about airside transfer to the BA terminal or any of the signs since I've usually connected to 4U in T2.

If they're flying BF/GF with 5 hours I would just enter the UK use the Arrivals Lounge and then go to BA.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
London Heathrow arrivals

Hi

Does United have an arrivals lounge at Terminal Two for business class passengers?

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Whenderson
Hi

Does United have an arrivals lounge at Terminal Two for business class passengers?

Thanks
Yes they do.
There is a Star Alliance type arrivals lounge in the baggage claim area of T2.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Yes they do.
There is a Star Alliance type arrivals lounge in the baggage claim area of T2.
Well really it's after baggage claim in the public arrivals area.
When you exit baggage claim it should just be on your left.
It's UA operated but also has the sign for Air Canada and I think South African.
Lots of showers, great staff, good breakfast.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:41 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I have a trip to London in 2 weeks as a *Gold flying in Y - mainly interested in the food options and tarmac view, any suggestions on which of the Star Alliance lounges to visit?
none of the lounges have any views, except for ac which has a half view of the corner of the ramp (and the old decommissioned terminal) and lh which has a partial view of some runway.

if i were you
start at the main building, go to the lh lounge for drink and healthy food

then to the satellite and either sq or ua....both lounges equally good, i'd say ua is better although sq has very good food (only prior to sq flights of course)

ua has best breakfast, nothing wrong with lh breakfast but living in africa i'm getting super sick and tired of european (cheese, cold cuts, salad) breakfasts. but if you like that then for sure lh

i highly dislike the ac lounge except for evenings where there is a quiet area in the back for sleeping
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Upon arrival you have to enter the UK or go through transit security and a quick doc check to the departure area in T2.
I don't think OP is going to be let into T2 transfers. I've not paid much attention about airside transfer to the BA terminal or any of the signs since I've usually connected to 4U in T2.

If they're flying BF/GF with 5 hours I would just enter the UK use the Arrivals Lounge and then go to BA.
Agree if you have that much time. If you don't have much time and connecting on to T5, though I usually use the T5 BA lounges (since you can't get back into T2), I believe there is an Aspire lounge in T5 which is with Priority Pass (and I understand you also can buy access). Though I also understand they charge for showers.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cur

ua has best breakfast, nothing wrong with lh breakfast but living in africa i'm getting super sick and tired of european (cheese, cold cuts, salad) breakfasts. but if you like that then for sure lh
I would take issue on the relative merits of the UA and LH breakfasts (and, after all, that's what FT is all about - arguing over the minute details!). I find the cooked food in the Senator lounge, particularly the scrambled eggs and mushrooms, to be a notch above anything UA offers. Also, the cold meats and cheeses which bear much more resemblance to the real thing. However, UA's fruit salad bowls and help yourself yoghurt bowl and more practical than LH's pre-portioned rather grander presentation.

First world problems in extremis here, as they both do a very good job and, sensibly, you go to the lounge more convenient for your flight.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:46 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I would take issue on the relative merits of the UA and LH breakfasts (and, after all, that's what FT is all about - arguing over the minute details!). I find the cooked food in the Senator lounge, particularly the scrambled eggs and mushrooms, to be a notch above anything UA offers. Also, the cold meats and cheeses which bear much more resemblance to the real thing. However, UA's fruit salad bowls and help yourself yoghurt bowl and more practical than LH's pre-portioned rather grander presentation.

First world problems in extremis here, as they both do a very good job and, sensibly, you go to the lounge more convenient for your flight.
yeah i agree, lh is definitely much fresher and cold cuts are very good but again, living in africa i'm a bit sick and tired of cold stuff for breakfast.

thanks for the tip i'll try lh's hot breakfast next time.
Old May 1, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Arrivals Lounge Access with United Club Passes

Hello,

My husband and I have an AM arrival at LHR on economy award seats with paid economy plus seats. Obviously, they don't come with any lounge access.

But, we have a few pairs of United Club passes from our MileagePlus Explorer Cards. Can these be used to access the arrivals lounge?
Old May 1, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by LizGross144
Hello,

My husband and I have an AM arrival at LHR on economy award seats with paid economy plus seats. Obviously, they don't come with any lounge access.

But, we have a few pairs of United Club passes from our MileagePlus Explorer Cards. Can these be used to access the arrivals lounge?
No. The Arrivals Lounge is not a United Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.