Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
How does this work?
If you use any MP branded Chase credit card and accumulate more then $25,000 of qualified purchases in a calendar year, you will be exempt from the PQD requirement for Premier Silver, Gold or Platinum status. It does not apply to 1K qualification.
Note: PresidentPlus primary cardholders are inherently exempt and do not have a minimum spend requirement.

When is the UA site updated with latest Chase numbers?
Consensus (2017) is this is done weekly but unclear if the same day of the week for everyone (Many believe it is Friday with spend thru the previous weekend)

Over what time period is the spending measured?
The calendar year of the activity, not the billing period based.

What cards are included?
All Chase MileagePlus branded cards including the legacy cards.
Is the Chase TravelBank Card included? Appears yes
For those with multiple cards, it is cumulative spending across all eligible cards that is counted.

Where can I see my year to date spend?
Go to mystatus.united.com, sign in, find on the righthand side "See My Chase Spend" and click on the button
Only visible for those with an eligible card and subject to the PQD requirement (USA residents). When qualified for Plat and 1K is the next level, the PQD waiver no longer applies.

Does the waiver work for authorized cardholders?
No, only the primary account cardholder.
There is only one UA MP account associated with Chase credit cards.
Print Wikipost

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
Here's a copy/paste:

Premier status qualification information
YTD Premier qualifying miles:
YTD Premier qualifying segments: 27
YTD Premier qualifying dollars:
$4,675
4 flight segment minimum:
4 of 4
Credit card spend PQD waiver Not met
PQD waiver status is updated weekly based on year-to-date spending with your MileagePlus credit card(s), as provided to United by Chase.
I would start by calling Chase. My PQD had shown as MET shortly before I received the 10K Bonus Miles from Chase. Good Luck and Safe Travels..
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
I am not sure if this a related or unrelated issue but my PQD total at UA.com is exactly $100 short of what I get if I add up the PQDs that they list for each flight.

What's up with that?

BTW I am at about 9.5k spend and about 75k miles and a chase CC holder if that matters?

Lurker
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Lurker
I am not sure if this a related or unrelated issue but my PQD total at UA.com is exactly $100 short of what I get if I add up the PQDs that they list for each flight.

What's up with that?
Probably using Common Core math. In which case you're both right.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
I have the UnitedPlus Explorer card which gives one 10,000 bonus miles after $25,000 spend in a year. My card statement (closing date 8/3/2014) shows I reached that spend amount and that I was awarded 10,000 bonus miles.

My UA account shows the 10,000 bonus miles were added many weeks ago.

My PQM is over 55,000
PQS Is 27
PQD is under $5,000
PQD is "not met"

It seems to me the waiver should have shown up some time ago and I should have met my qualification for Gold.

Am I missing something here?
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I would start by calling Chase. My PQD had shown as MET shortly before I received the 10K Bonus Miles from Chase. Good Luck and Safe Travels..
A follow up on this.

I made two calls, first to Chase and next to UA Premier Priority Desk.

Chase verified year-to-spend was over $25k and that 10k bonus miles had been sent to my UA account on August 3rd. The CSR said that if needed I could call the UA CSR and have them call Chase to verify. (Conference call)

I then called UA and the front-line rep who verified that 10k bonus miles (given on my card after I reached $25k spend for the year) had posted on Auugust 3, but that the PQD waiver showed "not met". She called a supervisor who is "researching the issue" and suggested that I should see the PQD waiver within a week or so.

The UA CSR also noted that the 10k bonus posting is done through a separate process than the "PQD waiver posting. But that the are done within 5-7 days of each other.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: WN A-List, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
You won't know the result until FEB 2015,of course, but I can't see any reason why your spend should evaporate for purposes of qualification.
I don't expect it to evaporate -- the simplest implementation would just add new waiver qualifiers to the existing list, but I can imagine implementations that would work unfavorably.

Anyway, I just cancelled and will post again in couple weeks whether the site still shows a waiver.

But, as you point out, it's also possible that they do a different year-end sweep to determine 2015 status. If they do that, I'm in bad shape.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:55 pm

Chase PQD waiver: lessons learned

heres a long story in my bid to claim my PQD waiver.....

Anyway, in August, I earned over 61k PQM thus supposedly, I should have qualified for star alliance gold... however I failed to make the $5000 PQD.

By this period actually, I had also already spent over 25k on my united chase card...however, for reasons not well understood, according to the customer service rep on united... my spending amount was ~1500 less..., I also called chase and they were clueless of what PQD waiver meant, the rep thought I was asking about the bonus 10k miles which you get once you spend 25k. In other words.. I had spent 25k , I got awarded my bonus 10k miles... but my 25k spend was not reflected on my mileage plus account and hence my PQD waiver was not updated...t... and I was stuck at Silver...

flash forward to october, I decided to charge the next 2 months of my rent on my united card... however till today, the PQD waiver was still reflected as "not met". Calling United, my total purchases on their system were still capped at 23k and was different from my actual spending ($28k by now!)...

I decided to bite the bullet and call chase again.

This time, I encountered a customer service agent who knew what I was talking about. She was extremely sorry that I was not given what I should have gotten 2 months and told me she would send an expedited msg to United to update my account and waive my PQD. I also was given 5000 miles as further compensation

Lessons learnt from this exp

1) I should have called chase a few more times.
It seems like not all customer service reps knew abt United's 25K PQD waiver. I should have just hung up and called again.

2)If you are facing this issue , dont bother with United
After several calls to united about this issue, all calls basically ended with United basically will blaming chase for not updating them. Hence point no.1 again

3)the sentence "QD waiver status is updated weekly based on year-to-date spending with your MileagePlus credit card(s), as provided to United by Chase." does not seem to be true
According to the customer service rep at chase, they send the info to United whenever the card's billing cycle is up. In other words, United does not update the PQD waiver info everyweek but rather once a month based on info from chase.

this is just my analysis of this entire fiasco and hope no one has to go through such crap like i did.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Chase PQD waiver: lessons learned

I find things like this are much easier dealt with using the secure message system on Chase's website. They are really fast - always respond within 24 hour and are pretty empowered.

As an example, earlier this week, I noticed my wife was missing ~1200 PQM from purchases on her MP Select card in April. Within 24 hours, there was a response saying the PQM was requested, and I expected to take it some time to be posted in the account. But as soon as I read the message, I checked her MP account and they were already posted.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:26 pm

Is there a way of checking online what United sees as your total annual spend on a United-branded CC?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by rmannion
Is there a way of checking online what United sees as your total annual spend on a United-branded CC?
Haven't seen anything on UA.com. Can't be done on chase.com either. They only have the last three statements available. I called and asked for my spend. The rep gave me total charges for the year. But note, I had to ask him to factor in the credits, otherwise you won't have the correct YTD spend.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
Noticed that there is nothing on "my account" about Chase. However on the mobile app there is a comment about Chase PDQ "met".
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by FTstudent
Haven't seen anything on UA.com. Can't be done on chase.com either. They only have the last three statements available.
I have a different experience on chase.com. Yes, if you click on "See activity", they only have three months worth of information, but if you click "See statements", you should be able to see more. On one Chase account, I have statements online back to 2008 when I click that.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
United receives frequent updates from chase re:annual spend. just call United and ask where you stand
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by wcj1
I have a different experience on chase.com. Yes, if you click on "See activity", they only have three months worth of information, but if you click "See statements", you should be able to see more. On one Chase account, I have statements online back to 2008 when I click that.
My bad. Should have said no convenient/easy to see the YTD on the site without downloading all of your PDF statements and manually doing all the math. Absolutely this is possible.

A couple others have mentioned their experience was automatic.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...confirmed.html

My guess, OP may have been lucky enough to fall into some random scenario where the computer code failed to work automatically.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I find things like this are much easier dealt with using the secure message system on Chase's website. They are really fast - always respond within 24 hour and are pretty empowered.

As an example, earlier this week, I noticed my wife was missing ~1200 PQM from purchases on her MP Select card in April. Within 24 hours, there was a response saying the PQM was requested, and I expected to take it some time to be posted in the account. But as soon as I read the message, I checked her MP account and they were already posted.
+1 and also I have almost always gotten the right answer the first time. Either the people answering are more competent or they are more willing/able to ask somebody for help than the phone drones.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe

I've recently had the opposite experience with Chase. I've noticed that I haven't been receiving my Chase PQM bonus for United purchases. I sent a message on Chases site and received a response a few days later telling me to contact United.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.