Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
How does this work?
If you use any MP branded Chase credit card and accumulate more then $25,000 of qualified purchases in a calendar year, you will be exempt from the PQD requirement for Premier Silver, Gold or Platinum status. It does not apply to 1K qualification.
Note: PresidentPlus primary cardholders are inherently exempt and do not have a minimum spend requirement.

When is the UA site updated with latest Chase numbers?
Consensus (2017) is this is done weekly but unclear if the same day of the week for everyone (Many believe it is Friday with spend thru the previous weekend)

Over what time period is the spending measured?
The calendar year of the activity, not the billing period based.

What cards are included?
All Chase MileagePlus branded cards including the legacy cards.
Is the Chase TravelBank Card included? Appears yes
For those with multiple cards, it is cumulative spending across all eligible cards that is counted.

Where can I see my year to date spend?
Go to mystatus.united.com, sign in, find on the righthand side "See My Chase Spend" and click on the button
Only visible for those with an eligible card and subject to the PQD requirement (USA residents). When qualified for Plat and 1K is the next level, the PQD waiver no longer applies.

Does the waiver work for authorized cardholders?
No, only the primary account cardholder.
There is only one UA MP account associated with Chase credit cards.
Print Wikipost

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by drewguy
Based on the T&C, if you earned status based on the PQD waiver, you would seem to have a strong argument your status should stick even if you subsequently cancelled the card. There's no mention of continuing to be a cardmember in good standing.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...AQs.aspx#terms
Lets say you are 100% correct, now look back at how COdbaUA has been doing things, folks have presented to them why they did what they did and how nothing was written clearly to make it known what exactly COdbaUA meant, yet it still did them no good they were SOL

For $95 personally I would chance it, then its < $95 if youre a Plat,1K or GS as you get a credit every year for 1Ks its $60 or an AF now of $35 after the credit

To put it very simply if its not written as clear as day and specifically saying something, then I do NOT trust COdbaUA not to in the end come up and say well we didnt say that and thusly in the end since this is how we decided in the end to apply things Youre out
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
I had both explorer and miles plus cards. I cancelled the explorer card when the annual fee came due and chase wouldnt waive fee. Anyhow i had about $2500 spend on it before i cancelled it. I already have over $9,000 spend on miles plus card so i hope i dont need the extra 2500 but i think i would have a good argument if i needed it to reach $25,000 total
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by Huzordaddy
Just as a data point: My Chase ExplorerPlus card just cycled on April 15, and when I look today at the United website it shows that the PQD waiver has been met for spending $25000 dollars this year.
mine cycles on the 18th. i had my 10k bonus award miles post to my MP account this afternoon (those bonus miles are awarded after $25k spend), but i still haven't met the PQD spend waiver according to .bomb.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by riphamilton
mine cycles on the 18th. i had my 10k bonus award miles post to my MP account this afternoon (those bonus miles are awarded after $25k spend), but i still haven't met the PQD spend waiver according to .bomb.
It updates card spend for PQD waiver once a week, according to .bomb
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by riphamilton
just to update and serve as another data point, as of this morning my PQD waiver is now posted as met. so in at least one instance, chase gives UA this data more than once a week.
Old May 13, 2014, 12:48 pm

Anyone know how the waiver is calculated yet? I've been using this formula.

+ "Year-to-date miles earned on credit card" from my last statement
- "Additional miles earned on United purchases" from all statements in 2014
+ posted transactions "Since Last Statement"

However, it's been >7 days since I've met the waiver requirements according to my calculations above. What gives?
Old May 13, 2014, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by synk
Anyone know how the waiver is calculated yet? I've been using this formula.

+ "Year-to-date miles earned on credit card" from my last statement
- "Additional miles earned on United purchases" from all statements in 2014
+ posted transactions "Since Last Statement"

However, it's been >7 days since I've met the waiver requirements according to my calculations above. What gives?
Have we confirmed from the above it is based on actual purchases versus statements closed?
Old May 13, 2014, 2:51 pm

I inferred that it's based on posted purchases and not statement closing based on groobie's posts. What's not clear to me is whether or not purchases in statement periods with transactions straddling the previous and current year count. That might explain the discrepancy in my case.
Old May 13, 2014, 6:14 pm

Hopefully this data point helps someone else. I called Chase to see if I could get some more info. I asked what they considered was my "year to date spending" on the card. As I suspected, they didn't include the December spending from my January statement. However, what was interesting was that they did include the additional miles earned on my United purchases. Of course, the next question would be whether they report the same to United also.
Old May 13, 2014, 6:50 pm

Thank God I have the PresidentialPlus MasterCard!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: WN A-List, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SBUX Gold
Any updates on what happens if you meet the spend threshold, have the waiver showing in your Premier progress status, and then cancel the card?

If not, I'll post my results since I'm about to face this situation -- my waiver just posted and I'm planning on cancelling my Club card in about a week.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: AADULtArer
You won't know the result until FEB 2015,of course, but I can't see any reason why your spend should evaporate for purposes of qualification.

Last edited by LaserSailor; Sep 27, 2014 at 4:54 am
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Why is my PQD waiver not showing on my UA account?

I have the UnitedPlus Explorer card which gives one 10,000 bonus miles after $25,000 spend in a year. My card statement (closing date 8/3/2014) shows I reached that spend amount and that I was awarded 10,000 bonus miles.

My UA account shows the 10,000 bonus miles were added many weeks ago.

My PQM is over 55,000
PQS Is 27
PQD is under $5,000
PQD is "not met"

It seems to me the waiver should have shown up some time ago and I should have met my qualification for Gold.

Am I missing something here?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
It seems to me the waiver should have shown up some time ago and I should have met my qualification for Gold.

Am I missing something here?
What is stated under "View Premier progress >"?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What is stated under "View Premier progress >"?
Here's a copy/paste:

Premier status qualification information
YTD Premier qualifying miles:
YTD Premier qualifying segments: 27
YTD Premier qualifying dollars:
$4,675
4 flight segment minimum:
4 of 4
Credit card spend PQD waiver Not met
PQD waiver status is updated weekly based on year-to-date spending with your MileagePlus credit card(s), as provided to United by Chase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.