Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Changes to *A Awards Without Incurring Additional Miles after 3-Feb-2014

Changes to *A Awards Without Incurring Additional Miles after 3-Feb-2014

Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Exclamation Denied

I was denied a routing change from SFO-LAX-ICN-SPN-GUM to SFO-LAX-ICN-TPE-GUM. Agent said it would trigger a reprice under the new award rules. They also said I had too many segments. How many segments are we allowed now?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by amartin1979
I was denied a routing change from SFO-LAX-ICN-SPN-GUM to SFO-LAX-ICN-TPE-GUM. Agent said it would trigger a reprice under the new award rules. They also said I had too many segments. How many segments are we allowed now?
HUCA
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by fyugioh
HUCA
I just did. The seat is now gone.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
After an initial hiccup a few weeks ago (request for more miles), I've successfully changed an LH F award three times since either online or via the 1K desk - swiftly and without issues. I've finally found the flights I needed and leaving next week on BOS-FRA-ATH in LH F & C. (Original was LGA-YYZ-MUC). Very excited! (On a related note, the reservation online shows the new rates 110,000 miles but my e-Receipt shows the original 67,500 - should I be worried or is this common?)

I have LH C on the 747-8 for the return home and now just playing the waiting game for something to open up in F. Loads look busy in Sept so far. I've gone from F-->C on this, so I'm nervous about going back to F via a good agent, but according to this thread it can be done...
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:21 pm

I called the web support line and was able to change my flights. At first I was told 20K extra miles then 90K but I was able to explain how the region of my flights hadn't changed and that the pre-deval 140K was correct for F to S Asia. After about 30 minutes on hold they agreed and made the change after paying change fees.

Original flights:
SFO-NRT (stopover)
HND-HKG (stopover)
HKG-PEK-SFO

Changed to:
SFO-NRT (stopover, OJ)
SIN-HKG (stopover)
HKG-ICN-SFO
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: RVT 1K
Has anyone been able to rebook either online or via the phone a ticket past the 1 year original ticketing date?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
Has anyone been able to rebook either online or via the phone a ticket past the 1 year original ticketing date?
I have online & there are other reports as well.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Ridiculous - spent 1hr arguing back and forth with the "1K desk" in Houston about modifying an existing award (same city paris, same cabin, just date change) and they insisted that whatever the computer priced was the price - both agent and supervisor. Such idiocy! Nasty document left in record, though I was polite, but thankfully no problem fixing it during my next call (SLC call center). Still more than two hours wasted on the phone because the vindictive IAH Supervisor continued to remove the flights as the SLC Supervisor added them. We played the "simultaneous error" game for 45 minutes, but thankfully the good-natured SLC sup said we'll wait them out...and we did. He even quickly re-issued the ticket as an even exchange to keep her from removing the flights again while he figured out the new taxes.

Not a happy camper.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Ridiculous - spent 1hr arguing back and forth with the "1K desk" in Houston about modifying an existing award (same city paris, same cabin, just date change) and they insisted that whatever the computer priced was the price - both agent and supervisor. Such idiocy! Nasty document left in record, though I was polite, but thankfully no problem fixing it during my next call (SLC call center). Still more than two hours wasted on the phone because the vindictive IAH Supervisor continued to remove the flights as the SLC Supervisor added them. We played the "simultaneous error" game for 45 minutes, but thankfully the good-natured SLC sup said we'll wait them out...and we did. He even quickly re-issued the ticket as an even exchange to keep her from removing the flights again while he figured out the new taxes.

Not a happy camper.
Wow. Are you the traveler?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: many

Not a happy camper.
This really should be reported to the executives, this is simply not acceptable.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Wow. Are you the traveler?
No.

Originally Posted by pcharles
This really should be reported to the executives, this is simply not acceptable.
It will be.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depends
Still more than two hours wasted on the phone because the vindictive IAH Supervisor continued to remove the flights as the SLC Supervisor added them. We played the "simultaneous error" game for 45 minutes, but thankfully the good-natured SLC sup said we'll wait them out...and we did.
What I find most fascinating here is that the SLC agent and supervisor knew right away that a game was being played. Rather than think of a glitch in SHARES, they immediately knew their IAH colleagues were screwing around with the record?

I'd now even be nervous of the vindictive IAH supervisor going in later to mess with things.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abaheti
What I find most fascinating here is that the SLC agent and supervisor knew right away that a game was being played. Rather than think of a glitch in SHARES, they immediately knew their IAH colleagues were screwing around with the record?

I'd now even be nervous of the vindictive IAH supervisor going in later to mess with things.
Indeed. So far, so good, but I'd love to read the comments in there.

Agent was getting simultaneous errors and could see that the IAH agent was typing notes in the reservation as she cleared away the space he added.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
That is nuts .. like it is 2 different airlines on the case.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
unbelievable. if this is how some agents/supervisors spend their time at work it is no small wonder that the airline is such a CF at this point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.