Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Feb 4-5, 2014] Central US Winter Storm Waivers

Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/trav...eptionPolicies

Airports:
  • Aspen, CO (ASE)
  • Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare)
  • Cleveland, OH (CLE)
  • Cincinnati, OH (CVG)
  • Columbus, OH (CMH)
  • Dayton, OH (DAY)
  • Denver, CO (DEN)
  • Des Moines, IA (DSM)
  • Detroit, MI (DTW)
  • Grand Junction, CO (GJT)
  • Grand Rapids, MI (GRR)
  • Hayden/Steamboat Springs, CO (HDN)
  • Indianapolis, IN (IND)
  • Kansas City, MO (MCI)
  • Knoxville, TN (TYS)
  • Louisville, KY (SDF)
  • Madison, WI (MSN)
  • Milwaukee, WI (MKE)
  • Montrose/Telluride, CO (MTJ)
  • Oklahoma City, OK (OKC)
  • Omaha, NE (OMA)
  • Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
  • St. Louis, MO (STL)
  • Vail, CO (EGE)

Original Travel Dates:
February 4, 2014 – February 5, 2014

Flight Changes:
  • When rescheduled travel commences by February 8, 2014 change fees and fare differences will be waived.
  • For all other dates and ticket uses, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply.
​​
Hopefully, my flight to London makes it before the rough stuff hits. I was grounded on my last attempt to London in December. DO NOT want this to happen again! Oh, the joys of winter travel!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I'm scheduled to fly out of Ohare on Thursday morning. My problem will be getting to Chicago to catch that flight! I'm 3 hours away, by car. Planning to leave after the storm quits on Wednesday afternoon for the drive (I have 4x4, thank goodness). Winter, PLEASE GO AWAY.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz Prez
Need to keep an eye on this for RJ cancellations on thurs due to positioning issues
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:17 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I'm already expecting my Friday morning Q400 IAD-CLE will get the axe due to positioning issues; it did a couple of weeks back with lesser weather. I will be watching it like a hawk and get them to reroute me DCA-CLE as needed, I suppose.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
My day trip CMH-EWR was re-scheduled to CMH-CLE-EWR before both flights cancelled. The joys of winter, indeed!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:13 am

Morning DAY-EWR cx'd. CMH has some already canceling too.
I think CVG will all cx due to the ice forecast.

I tried rerouting an award DAY-EWR-SNN to DAY-ORD-LHR-SNN, but they will not reroute on the Air Lingus LHR-SNN, which I find odd... I thought contract of carriage didn't care if it was an award ticket or not.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by nekbet
Morning DAY-EWR cx'd. CMH has some already canceling too.
I think CVG will all cx due to the ice forecast.

I tried rerouting an award DAY-EWR-SNN to DAY-ORD-LHR-SNN, but they will not reroute on the Air Lingus LHR-SNN, which I find odd... I thought contract of carriage didn't care if it was an award ticket or not.
had this problem when I tried to reroute LAS/IAD/DUB/LHR; the DUB-LHR was on Aer Lingus and they balked at dumping that(t24) to reroute me LAS/LAX/LHR to get there faster. Called back and got another agent who just did it. Be persistent!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:00 am

Yeah, I called twice and same thing. Asked the second one to ask a supervisor. Same answer. Grrr.

I am booked CMH-EWR now, but I am suspect it'll go tmrw. I just hope they cancel it before I make the hour drive in the 6-10" of snow we're supposed to get tonight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.