Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage (PQDs, PQMs, RDMs) earning when purchasing Chase Ultimate Reward UA tickets

Mileage (PQDs, PQMs, RDMs) earning when purchasing Chase Ultimate Reward UA tickets

Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:04 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but how do you add your MP number to a reservation booked through UR portal? Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by findark
If the price matches the public fare, it's probably not BULK. If you inspect the fare construction after ticketing and it matches published fares, it's not BULK.
Can't you just click the "MileagePlus Earnings" link on your ticket? I just bought one and it has it all broken out by which segments earn how many PQM / PQD.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:31 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Book with Chase UR, get PQD?

Sorry if this has been answered before but I wasn't completely clear on what the policy is. I have some chase points I want to use up and was thinking I would rather just use the pay for points feature.
If I book a UA flight, say IAH-SFO, using pay with points thru Chase UR, will I still get PQM and/or PQD? Since its technically not a mileage ticket I'm still paying but just using points towards the purchase price?
Does it work the same with Amex MR pay with points?

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
You will still get PQM and PQDs. I've done this before. And it should also work the same for Amex MR points.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by S.R
... If I book a UA flight, say IAH-SFO, using pay with points thru Chase UR, will I still get PQM and/or PQD? Since its technically not a mileage ticket I'm still paying but just using points towards the purchase price?
As a paid ticket, PQMs are not a problem. However, PQDs can be because some Chase UR tickets are "BULK" tickets, which are not PQD earning. Appears to be no way to tell in advance.

A search on "Chase+bulk+fares" will find other threads on this.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by S.R
Sorry if this has been answered before but I wasn't completely clear on what the policy is. I have some chase points I want to use up and was thinking I would rather just use the pay for points feature.
If I book a UA flight, say IAH-SFO, using pay with points thru Chase UR, will I still get PQM and/or PQD? Since its technically not a mileage ticket I'm still paying but just using points towards the purchase price?
Does it work the same with Amex MR pay with points?

Thanks!
Yes, usually. As WineCountryUA notes sometimes the ticket is issued as a non-earning bulk fare. You can check the coupon when the ticket is issued and have 24 hours to call Chase to void the ticket if you're not happy with it.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:09 pm
S.R

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As a paid ticket, PQMs are not a problem. However, PQDs can be because some Chase UR tickets are "BULK" tickets, which are not PQD earning. Appears to be no way to tell in advance.

A search on "Chase+bulk+fares" will find other threads on this.
Originally Posted by findark
Yes, usually. As WineCountryUA notes sometimes the ticket is issued as a non-earning bulk fare. You can check the coupon when the ticket is issued and have 24 hours to call Chase to void the ticket if you're not happy with it.
Ok so I booked it and its finally ticketed (took about 8 hours). When I view my reservation on the UA website in the earnings area it shows I will earn PQM,PQS, PQD. So does this mean I'm all set and will earn PQD? Anywhere else I should check to make sure?
The correct amount is showing for the PQD as well.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by S.R
Ok so I booked it and its finally ticketed (took about 8 hours). When I view my reservation on the UA website in the earnings area it shows I will earn PQM,PQS, PQD. So does this mean I'm all set and will earn PQD? ...
Sounds like you are good.

Originally Posted by S.R
.... Anywhere else I should check to make sure? ...
If an actual price shows on the UA receipt that is a confirming sign. A BULK ticket does not show a price and shows instead the word "BULK."
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:30 pm
S.R

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Sounds like you are good.

If an actual price shows on the UA receipt that is a confirming sign. A BULK ticket does not show a price and shows instead the word "BULK."
Yes receipt also shows the price, I don't see BULK anywhere so I'm hoping it works out.

Thank you!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by S.R
Anywhere else I should check to make sure?
The correct amount is showing for the PQD as well.
Can also go to the Saudia website and enter the ticket number. The fare basis for the coupon should be an eight-character string usually starting with the booking code letter.

But it sounds like you should be good.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Global Entry/TSA
Using Chase Points to Book United Travel

Does the value of the flight I book on United using Chase Points via Chase travel center count towards the minimum dollar spend levels to keep status ( i.e. $9,000 for the Platinum level).

Thanks for the help. I realize this is probably a super easy answer... I just don't want to have to book first and see what happens.

Peter V.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately it's not a simple answer. The tickets are just "normal" revenue tickets and will earn accordingly. However, Chase will sometimes have access to bulk tickets or fares, and if you receive one of those then you will earn zero PQD for that fare.

The only way to be sure is to ticket your itinerary and check its fare construction to see if it uses a bulk fare. You can void the ticket within 24 hours by calling Chase so there's no direct financial risk.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:49 pm

That is a huge help.... and exactly what I will do.

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:04 pm

Will flight booked via Chase Rewards count towards Prem Qual Dollars?

I booked a United Flight from DEN to LGA and ended up with Fare classes Econ L and T.

Does anyone know if the $'s spent will be applied towards the minimum reqd $ for Prem Qual Limits?

Also, If I booked tickets for two people under my my FF #, will I get credit for both or just mine.

Thanks for the help.

Peter V.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Some do, some don't. Go to Manage Reservations on united.com to request a receipt. If you'll earn PQDs, it will say so; if not, it'll say something like BULK.

You'll only get credit for your flight. You should put the traveler's FF# on their ticket to ensure they get credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.