Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United has the WORST customer service. (2014 Edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United has the WORST customer service. (2014 Edition)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I wish I could say that this works for me.... I have Lifetime Platinum status with Marriott. When UA stranded me in Tokyo last week I called the JW Marriott in Seoul where I was supposed to stay and they absolutely refused to refund the night - and also charged me for the car service I was supposed to take as well! And I know the GM of the hotel! A colleague of mine was already at the hotel and she couldn't get them to budge either - and it was not on a cheap discounted rate either...

Now - I have had much better luck in the US with this - but outside of the US this happens to me quite a bit...
IMHO Hilton chain is much, much better on this both domestic and international.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: free agent
UA express agent at IAD refused to answer my question in written note on paper or phone (I'm deaf and kindly request an explanation on constant delays). Any irrops is a hell experience for deaf passengers because we can't hear any announcement & have to follow visual clues such as people running to customer service. yes, they know im deaf but still make no difference to half of UA's GAs.. Definently going to talk with UA about my horrible and discriminating encounter...
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by Putt86
UA express agent at IAD refused to answer my question in written note on paper or phone (I'm deaf and kindly request an explanation on constant delays). Any irrops is a hell experience for deaf passengers because we can't hear any announcement & have to follow visual clues such as people running to customer service. yes, they know im deaf but still make no difference to half of UA's GAs.. Definently going to talk with UA about my horrible and discriminating encounter...
I strongly recommend you either use the United App or sign up for the email notifications (get a phone or tablet that has a vibrate setting). I rely more on the alerts from the United App and email messages than the hearie announcements. They're often way ahead of the gate agents.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K (effective 11/18/16), Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Is it just me, or is UA service so unpredictable - and bad - that it's time to leave

I'm sick of 100% delayed flights, ancient aircraft, and surly personnel.

where to move to? DL?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
It is not just you.

There are many who share your feelings.

I am not one of them.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by wjb1969

where to move to?
If you are sick of all that in airlines, you would probably have move out of the USA
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by wjb1969

where to move to? DL?
Can you provide any evidence of "100% delayed flights"? That's certainly a hysterical comment.

Ancient is relative. I flew on an Air China 707 in 1990.

Can't dispute the existence of some surly employees.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K (effective 11/18/16), Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Can you provide any evidence of "100% delayed flights"? That's certainly a hysterical comment.

Ancient is relative. I flew on an Air China 707 in 1990.

Can't dispute the existence of some surly employees.
Hyperbolic for effect, yes. Hysterical, no.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton Gold; Starwood 50 Plat; Hyatt Plat; Avis Pres; Ritz Carlton Gold; Hertz Pres Club
3:55 Flight tomorrow Sunday from SAT to SFO is cancelled. Awesome. I got the notification because I was expecting this ........ from UA. Got out of bed and scrambled to call 1K. PA is mad because I don't want to fly at 6 am? And that's apparently all that's available even though I see plenty of seats in first throughout the rest of the day. ...???? I was in first on a CPU, but they cancelled the flight, so why not give a 1K a first class seat? Especially since it appear to be 30 percent empty? So great. I get to fly on Monday at 6 am straight to work. Should be looking fabulous. I bought this ticket four months ago, and of course they have to dump the flight at 4 PM. They can't ever cancel the 6 am flight to make more room on the runway - the one that's half full. I get that it's out of their control. But enough of the sassy on the 1K line. Ugh.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 29, 2014 at 11:55 pm Reason: Understand the anrgy, but lets watch the language
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Can they get you to Sacramento by late morning? I'm up here tonight and would he happy to swing by and pick you up at SMF and drop you off at BART as long as you would not be arriving after 1200-1300.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

If the term "delay" was changed from flights being 15+ minutes late to actually being late, than I'm @ 100% delayed flights for the past 3 years
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by alwaysflyingunited
3:55 Flight tomorrow Sunday from SAT to SFO is cancelled. Awesome. I got the notification because I was expecting this ........ from UA. Got out of bed and scrambled to call 1K. PA is mad because I don't want to fly at 6 am? And that's apparently all that's available even though I see plenty of seats in first throughout the rest of the day. ...???? I was in first on a CPU, but they cancelled the flight, so why not give a 1K a first class seat? Especially since it appear to be 30 percent empty? So great. I get to fly on Monday at 6 am straight to work. Should be looking fabulous. I bought this ticket four months ago, and of course they have to dump the flight at 4 PM. They can't ever cancel the 6 am flight to make more room on the runway - the one that's half full. I get that it's out of their control. But enough of the sassy on the 1K line. Ugh.
They won't reroute you on non-stops?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: United MM (formerly 1K), Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
If the term "delay" was changed from flights being 15+ minutes late to actually being late, than I'm @ 100% delayed flights for the past 3 years
Agreed -- I'm batting about 75% late over that same period.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have had them move me R --> R twice in the past year during irops. Of course I asked nicely and kept asking for an F seat which was eventually given to me.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Bad agent? HUACA. Immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.