Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines - 2014

Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is the thread to use for posting your sightings of celebrities/notable/newsworthy public figures while travelling. Here are a few ground rules:
  • The sighting must occur either on a United flight (or related regional/express carriers) or at a UA terminal.
  • Comments about individuals sighted by others should be kept to a minumim to keep the thread reasonably easy to follow during the year.

Here are links to older threads:

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines - 2013

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines - 2012

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines - 2011

pmCO Celebrity Sightings

pmUA Celebrity Sightings
Print Wikipost

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines - 2014

Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador (lifetime Platinum), Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Quote:

Originally Posted by EWR ATC Hold

Madeleine Albright (former Secretary of State for Bill Clinton) sitting in BF 8J on EWR to DEL (UA 82) on September 8th.

I walked by that gate at EWR yesterday...would have been cool to see her in the airport.
I actually walked into the UA club right behind her. There wasn't much fuss at all around her. Had two people with her. GS rep at the boarding scrum gave us a heads up she was on the flight and might board before us but she went on with the regular gs boarding and didn't get any more special treatment than I feel like I did. Even at immigration she waited in the normal queue. Looks like she was in India for her venture business based on the news here this morning.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A friend of mine flew on UA 496 SAN-SFO tonight with San Francisco Giants first basemen Michael Morse. Mr. Morse was up in F and apparently incredibly friendly and talkative. As my friend (and I) are big SF Giants fans, this is a cool story in my book.

Last edited by CMK10; Sep 22, 2014 at 10:54 am Reason: Wrote "Moore" not "Morse"
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
Tom Selleck. UA275 (LAX -> JFK PS) on 10/14.

Flight was delayed for 2 hours 15 minutes. He was on the flight since the delay started, but acted pretty cool and stayed on the flight. He was seated in BF 3F. (I was in 3B.)

He was so cool I didn't notice it was him until we reboarded for our delayed take off. I only thought he looked like him but when we landed the FAs asked for a picture and then I was sure.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
George and Brad Takei were spotted by my mom flying HNL-LAX last week.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
George and Brad Takei were spotted by my mom flying HNL-LAX last week.
Sweet - Imagine if William Shatner were on the same flight...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:02 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Montel Williams was in the club at DCA yesterday (Thursday, 23rd) afternoon/early evening.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
madeline albright (who has appeared in these threads a few times) was in ORD concourse B this afternoon.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: GS, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, *gold
Carel Struycken - he was in 1B on LAX to DEN on 10/28.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Jeff Van Gundy in seat 2E ORD-IAH UA1500 Saturday 1 November (0510 departure) Must have been covering Bulls/ Cavs last night.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Gold
Oliver North sitting next to me just now in F on Flight 751 IAD-ORD. Nice guy, liked talking to other passengers and flight crew.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:51 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
David Diehl on the flight from CLE-EWR yesterday...after the Browns game. Sitting across the aisle from us in 1E. Flight attendant gave him some sort of hadnwritten card at the end. She should have focused on providing better customer service during the flight instead as she was pretty bad.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Sat next to Kerry Washington this morning on 443 JFK-LAX. I was in 1E, she was 1F. I had no idea who she was until I deplaned. She brought her own food, had quick meal, and slept most of flight. Neither of us were very talkative.

The GS reps brought her on board and awaited her at gate.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Forgot to post this when it happened (over labor day weekend), but Amare Stoudemire in F on EWR-MIA. I'm 6'6" and he towered over me. I have to duck walking down the aisle on regional jets, but this is the first time I've seen someone ducking while flying mainline!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Harry Winkler in F ORD-LAX 11/30

"Heyyyyyyyyy" -Fonz
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by Madone59
Harry Winkler in F ORD-LAX 11/30

"Heyyyyyyyyy" -Fonz
Umm....any relation to Henry Winkler?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.