Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier Phone Line Delays During Current Winter Storm IROPS

Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

OK, I realize that there is weather issues over half the country.

But currently the 1K line can't even put me into the hold queue. That's just ridiculous. Occasionally I get a busy signal. And sometimes it tells me that they are having 'system issues' or some rubbish like that.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:33 pm

I am a gold member. I got a notification 70 minutes ago that my group of 20 teenagers and three chaperones have a cancelled Colorado flight on Monday. I have now been on hold for an hour and four minutes. I know it's a Saturday night, but with this many weather issues, you would think they would bring in enough people to answer calls. I get twenty minutes, but over an hour?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:38 pm

They need to rethink IRROPS handling. Like you said, this is a very unusual situation with constant storms happening throughout the hub areas affecting everything. Giving us tools to rebook on our own is one thing, but they need a plan to effectively handle worst case scenario situations in a better way.

What that is ... I have no idea.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: 1K
Same, called the 1K line "I'm sorry, but we are currently experiencing system problems and are unable to process your call".
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
earlier today it was http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...line-down.html.

Been long phone waits all day, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...dec-7-jan.html

See the thread's wiki for alternative contact method
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I called earlier today about a non-critical issue and it advised me that the wait was 10-15 minutes, and that was about how long it took. I didn't even give much thought to the weather.

It's just ridiculous that the GM line can put people into the hold queue and the 1K, oooops PREMIER LINE, basically just spits us out. Pretty much tells you where United's prioritizes are these days.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:50 pm

I have a feeling that it's going to get worse before better. Small storm in ORD around Wed/Thurs and a suggestion that there will be a big snow storm for the following week as well.

Also IAD/EWR is supposed to have freezing rain tonight into noon tomorrow.

Originally Posted by hobo13
I called earlier today about a non-critical issue and it advised me that the wait was 10-15 minutes, and that was about how long it took. I didn't even give much thought to the weather.

It's just ridiculous that the GM line can put people into the hold queue and the 1K, oooops PREMIER LINE, basically just spits us out. Pretty much tells you where United's prioritizes are these days.
It does put you into a queue. However, I think the premier line is just beyond it's designed capacity and is now kicking people out (or not accepting calls).

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 4, 2014 at 9:58 pm Reason: removed quote of now-deleted post
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
My son had HNL-LAX canceled for tomorrow. He got same (too busy) message when he called. Asked me to try my premier phone number. Got through, on hold for almost two hours. Got non-us agent who arranged another flight for him. She said 'all the over water (etops?) crews are stuck on east coast".

The on-line reservation system was also down about same time.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:57 pm

The 1K line seems to be back up again. "Approximate wait time 15-20 minutes". Will let you guys know what the actual wait time ends up being.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edcho
It does put you into a queue. However, I think the premier line is just beyond it's designed capacity and is now kicking people out (or not accepting calls).
Right. It SHOULD put you in queue. But right now, it's not.

Remember when there was a dedicated 1K line? And only 1K's used that number? Yeah, now it's the Premier Line. You do the math.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by edcho
They need to rethink IRROPS handling. Like you said, this is a very unusual situation with constant storms happening throughout the hub areas affecting everything. Giving us tools to rebook on our own is one thing, but they need a plan to effectively handle worst case scenario situations in a better way.

What that is ... I have no idea.
--------------------------------------------
There was recently an early-out/buy-out for employees, of which about 900 in customer service and reservations took it. Does not sound like a lot given 88,000+ employees (and of which about 30,000 are in customer service -airport and reservations). However this offer was made to United States only (employees) so 900 systemwide (USA) might already be having it's effect (most of these participants exited end of November or end of December that I know of).
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:35 pm

I don't want to start a PMCO/PMUA tussle, but back when the merger was first announced I started flying CO more regularly particularly EWR-SFO. During weather I often got a straight up message followed by a click and disconnect. No hold, nothing. Just a click to disconnect. Sounds about right it happens now.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:38 pm

I dialed 1K line @ 10:54 CST, recording said "15-20 minutes", got a representative at 11:37 PM CST. You do the math -> hold time was actually over 40 minutes.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm

As an update, I have crossed the two hour and twenty minute mark, and still nothing but the United jingle.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
On hold for 15m since pressing "0" - so much for 1K priority. Yet another perk bites the dust.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.