Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"

2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"

Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:30 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by putney
... I would like to spend anywhere from 5-24 hours in the WAS area. Any airport is fine.

What would be the best way to reroute myself and make that happen. Any number of stops are fine and I can leave Sunday night instead of Monday. ....
You are asking for a stopover, a bit more than a reroute and likely not allowed by the routing rules. You might be able to do a SDC but i would not count on it.

Originally Posted by porciuscato
.... So I look this morning and there's no longer an option to accept the changes. Apparently the #%^%#%^!!!! agent accepted them for me without asking. I am absolutely livid about this and not quite sure what to do next. The chance of making this connection are no better than a tossup.
other than having loss the online chnge option, which happen once the phone agent touch the itin, you still can call and refer to the change. You have not lose the right to refer to the schedule change, so go ahead and HUCA.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Would appreciate input from y'all: I booked an RT in GlobalFirst (the BOS-ICN deal) for travel in April. Sometime in the last week and without notice, on the return I was changed from ICN-NRT-ORD-BOS to ICN-NRT-IAD-BOS. NRT-IAD shows F0 and I am not assigned (nor can I select) a GF seat. I'd prefer the 747 to ORD but should I stick with IAD in hopes that there might be an oversell and I can pick better (non-UA) flights and/or get downgrade comp? Regardless, I'll likely skip the last segment to BOS. Thoughts?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
This is a schedule change for an EWR-ORD flight. The aircraft type seems not right. It was a mainline flight before the change.

Flight:UA3494
Operated by Shuttle America Airlines dba United Express.
Aircraft: Airbus A320
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Would appreciate input from y'all: I booked an RT in GlobalFirst (the BOS-ICN deal) for travel in April. Sometime in the last week and without notice, on the return I was changed from ICN-NRT-ORD-BOS to ICN-NRT-IAD-BOS. NRT-IAD shows F0 and I am not assigned (nor can I select) a GF seat. I'd prefer the 747 to ORD but should I stick with IAD in hopes that there might be an oversell and I can pick better (non-UA) flights and/or get downgrade comp? Regardless, I'll likely skip the last segment to BOS. Thoughts?
try and keep IAD and ask for an A-class on the UA-coded NH-op flight instead. See if they will bite.

Originally Posted by Kmxu
This is a schedule change for an EWR-ORD flight. The aircraft type seems not right. It was a mainline flight before the change.

usual sight over the weekend when schedule changes are processed. This will resolve itself. You can even see Q400 on TATLs over weekend schedule changes.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:00 pm

Is the schedule change a weekly activity for United? Some of the changes for my January flights are very messy. I will wait for a few weeks before calling CS.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Looks like A320 placeholders for January (at least some of them) have been replaced this weekend
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Is the schedule change a weekly activity for United? ...
yes -- typically aimed at flights 3-4 months out.

.... Some of the changes for my January flights are very messy. I will wait for a few weeks before calling CS.
waiting is rarely a good idea if concerned about seat choices
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gusd
Looks like A320 placeholders for January (at least some of them) have been replaced this weekend
Indeed. Mine (PHL-SFO) was replaced with a 738, changed the arrival time slightly (later), and then a minute later, cleared my RPU on the waitlist.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Is the schedule change a weekly activity for United?
I don't usually book this far in advance, but I have a trip in January that I booked maybe 2 months ago that is now on it's fourth revision.

What's particularly interesting is what started as an 145 in "B" class, turned into a CR7 in "PN" (thanks to the instant upgrade), then into a 320 in "B"-->"PN" (had to call to get that segment moved back to PN because the website was being dumb), and with today's changes its back to a 145 but it's showing me ticketed as "Y" on the 145 with a "Complimentary Upgrade Requested" which makes no sense (I've kept PN on the other three segments).

For the three segments in F I am the only occupied seat in the F cabin so far, and for the 145 I'm the only occupied seat other than the standard blocked seats, so obviously there's not a whole lot of disruption...
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:58 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
You can even see Q400 on TATLs over weekend schedule changes.
Ha, mine stuck for well over a week

Did return to 752 well before the flight, and always reflected a 752 seat map.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:33 pm

The flight number was changed from a mainline number to a UEX number last weekend. Aircraft was changed from A320 to B757-200 this weekend, but the flight number remained the same. If you want to search for the same flight, the information is consistent: Flight: UA3494
Operated by SHUTTLE AMERICA DBA UNITED EXPRESS.
Aircraft: Embraer ERJ-170

Current flight information on my reservation:
Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:52 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
The flight number was changed from a mainline number to a UEX number last weekend. Aircraft was changed from A320 to B757-200 this weekend, but the flight number remained the same. If you want to search for the same flight, the information is consistent: Flight: UA3494
Operated by SHUTTLE AMERICA DBA UNITED EXPRESS.
Aircraft: Embraer ERJ-170

Current flight information on my reservation:
Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
Erroneous aircraft types listed in an itinerary after a schedule change is a known and yet to be fixed bug and should clear itself and show the correct aircraft type once you accept the schedule change
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:20 pm

United A330?

I was just notified of a change to my IAH/EZE itinerary. The outbound, UA 819 12/25, is unchanged as a 767-300. The return is modified, UA 818 1/7, showing the aircraft as A330. I have never flown an A330 on United.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
just priced out a one way ticket for EZE-IAH on 1/7, showing as a 763.

from
$1,469

Lowest Fare

Depart:
10:05 p.m.
Wed., Jan. 7, 2015
Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)
Arrive:
5:40 a.m. +1 Day
Thu., Jan. 8, 2015
Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental)
Travel Time:
10 hr 35 mn
Distance:
5,062 miles
Flight: UA818
Aircraft: Boeing 767-300
Fare Class: United Economy (E)
Meal: Dinner
See On-Time Performance
View Seats

i would chalk it up to a technical glitch, especially as UA doesn't own any A330's.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by alf55423
I was just notified of a change to my IAH/EZE itinerary. The outbound, UA 819 12/25, is unchanged as a 767-300. The return is modified, UA 818 1/7, showing the aircraft as A330. I have never flown an A330 on United.
Now that is truly odd. I have seen all kinds of errors in the aircraft type listing, like an ERJ-145 EWR-BRU, but at least the errors use aircraft types that are actually operated by United.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.