Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For discussion after opening see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1568067-heathrow-united-club-global-first-lounge-looking-good.html
Print Wikipost

UA to have own club in new LHR terminal.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
IIRC I'll be relegated to the SkyTeam lounge because the EWR flights operate out of a different terminal than the ORD/SFO?
IMO far preferable to the existing *A lounge, especially upstairs.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
The SkyTeam lounge is lovely. I'm going to miss it when this place opens. Still, the new lounge looks pretty nice.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
IIRC I'll be relegated to the SkyTeam lounge because the EWR flights operate out of a different terminal than the ORD/SFO?
Nothing wrong with the Skyteam T4 lounge at all, quite a nice place. I've enjoyed many a good breakfast and drinks there prior to catching an LHR-IAH flight.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Nice! Will be there in August (UC)
And yes.. if they were all as nice as that I would renew my membership in a heartbeat!

Am I reading right: Showers at a UC? nice...
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Appears that will be the nicest UC in the system. Showers look particularly deluxe!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EWR764
IMO far preferable to the existing *A lounge, especially upstairs.
No complaints just my first time flying out of LHR and noticed it on the *A lounge finder site.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Am I reading right: Showers at a UC? nice...
Pretty common at the pmCO clubs in the system. Well, EWR and IAH, at any rate. Didn't they retro-fit some into one of the ORD clubs as well?

I make good use of the ones at EWR when coming back across the Atlantic and connecting up to YYT.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
So I am assuming, according to this: http://www.heathrowairport.com/fligh.../airline-moves

we are looking at a early June opening?
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
Pretty common at the pmCO clubs in the system. Well, EWR and IAH, at any rate. Didn't they retro-fit some into one of the ORD clubs as well?

I make good use of the ones at EWR when coming back across the Atlantic and connecting up to YYT.
ORD you can use the GF ones apparently.. pretty useless for me being ORD based
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Biggest question of the day: Will there be limes??
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
There will be 3-class EWR-LHR starting relatively soon, was an option for my itineraries in Sept/Oct when I need to depart as late as possible
...wait...

...is UA actually trying to compete against AA's 77W's that they are introducing on the NYC-LHR route?

i mean, i think that's a good thing, i'm just really surprised.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
UA940 and 922 today are 3-cabin 767s. A few 757s still in the schedule this week.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Wow, very nice. I'm impressed - well done. Look forward to seeing this when I head over to Blighty for work.

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
They should walk around the new amazing club trying to sell memberships.

"They're all just like this one!"

I definitely laughed out loud when I read this. ^
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Looks very nice indeed, although with the pictures unlabeled I worry that all except the one of the individually wrapped Wheetabix might be of the GF lounge.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Will hot food really last in a United Club which is operated for the benefit of United passengers? Will they also provide services to another airline?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:11 pm

These photos don't show the one thing that was missing from the old T3 *A lounge -- windows. It looks like there's natural lighting coming from the right which would be a welcome improvement over the basement feel of the old lounge.

Otherwise it looks about like should be expected. I'm always amused when US fliers are all surprised at the idea of a lounge containing actual food and even showers. What is the point of a lounge without food or showers anyways?

One other thing that's good to see -- the real tiles in the bathroom. Glad they realized the cheap linoleum units in the BA lounge weren't worth the paper they were made of. BA has been in T5 for only 6 years and they're already in dire need of being replaced top to bottom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.