Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2014]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:37 pm

I wonder how many employees at UA are actually assigned to the Accelerator function? I've always assumed it was a fairly localized operation involving a couple of individuals with a revenue spreadsheet and a computer and a pretty wide latitude to "make it work."
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by RNE
Let's say your extraordinary, unsupported claim is correct. Why do you suppose United—which has a fierce penchant for varying the price of Accelerator PQMs six ways to Sunday!—would so assiduously keep Accelerator RDM prices constant over multiple individuals?
Any negative claim will always be unsupported. All you need to do to refute it is get someone to send a screen shot.

Don't know for a fact but I suspect it is because of anti-price discrimination laws in many countries. (Same reason PQD only applies to the U.S.) PQM can't be used to buy a product or service. RDM can.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:15 am
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5khours
Any negative claim will always be unsupported. All you need to do to refute it is get someone to send a screen shot.
Defending an outlandish, unsupported claim because nobody has disproven your outlandish, unsupported claim is not cogent.

Let's say I claim there is always a male crew member on every United flight. Always! And I assert this as if it were fact—even going so far as to challenge others who scoff at my claim, smugly saying "prove me wrong." That would not be cogent of me.

However, let's say I conduct research on crew complements of 100,000 United flights and in every instance I see at least one male crew member. Well, I have still not proven my outlandish claim, but at least I have some support for it!

You don't.

Don't know for a fact but I suspect it is because of anti-price discrimination laws in many countries. (Same reason PQD only applies to the U.S.) PQM can't be used to buy a product or service. RDM can.
That your best guess? Pshaw. In fact, PQM can buy things. It gets me elite status which "buys" me E+ seats. Even you must realize you're reasoning here is specious. There's simply no reason United would have to set and change Accelerator RDM prices in lockstep among all people. No reason at all. On the contrary, it has lots of reason to vary the price—just as United does with Accelerator PQMs.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by RNE
Defending an outlandish, unsupported claim because nobody has disproven your outlandish, unsupported claim is not cogent.

Let's say I claim there is always a male crew member on every United flight. Always! And I assert this as if it were fact—even going so far as to challenge others who scoff at my claim, smugly saying "prove me wrong." That would not be cogent of me.

However, let's say I conduct research on crew complements of 100,000 United flights and in every instance I see at least one male crew member. Well, I have still not proven my outlandish claim, but at least I have some support for it!

You don't.
Let's put it this way.

I have probably made in excess of 300 accelerator purchases and am always current on rates being posted on FT. I have never seen a different rate (higher or lower) posted on FT for comparable flights at the times I've bought.

I have purchased at least 50 multi-pax tickets and checked rates for both pax and there has never been any differences.

There have never been any instances on FT where different people are reporting at the same time period different rates for comparable flights.

No one has ever posted of an actual experience of different rates with actual numbers.

There has never been anyone making a current claim of differences on rates (the only anecdotes refer to experiences that happened "6 months ago" or "last year").

No one has ever posted a screen shot documenting a difference.

This strongly suggests to me that the rates don't vary depending on who's buying.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:17 am
RNE
Original Poster

No one has ever posted a screen shot documenting a difference.
No one ever knew there was any reason to create such recherché documentation.

RNE, going back to the purpose of this thread: reporting what prices are offered—not what prices are not.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
No one ever knew there was any reason to create such recherché documentation.

RNE, going back to the purpose of this thread: reporting what prices are offered—not what prices are not.
No one is asking for rechershay (sorry my keyboard doesn't have a handy key for an accent aigu) documentation.... just saying there has not been even the slightest hint of credible evidence that rates vary by person. Just occasional unsupported, erroneous, ignorant, stupid, ill-informed, and dunder-headed assertions that they do.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
FWIW: I'm 2014 1K and already for 2015 1K. My spouse has no status and is not even close to qualifying. On an upcoming short haul flight we are both getting the same RDM and PQM rates.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
my PQM rate just dropped on the same flight from 18.9 cents mile to 13.9 cents per mile from yesterday to today. yesterday i had 72,500 PQM's for the year today i am at 76,000 PQM, i do not have screen shots
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
Originally Posted by travellingfoodie
FWIW: I'm 2014 1K and already for 2015 1K. My spouse has no status and is not even close to qualifying. On an upcoming short haul flight we are both getting the same RDM and PQM rates.
Are the two of you on the same Itinerary?

I just looked at two different Itineraries, and I see drastically different PQM raters being offered depending on the traveler.

Mine - 18,000 PQM offered at $3060 (17 cpm)

My SO - (different itinerary) 18,000 PQM offered at $1440 (8 CPM)
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
We are on the same itinerary, which would explain the matching rates. For the record, these rates are either 6k or 8k miles at 1.9 CPM for RDM and 10 CPM for PQM.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: United MileagePlus: 1K
18000 miles @ 8.9cpm with premier accelerator in P class.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:03 pm

RDM rates seem to have fallen from 21cpm to 19cpm across the board. Reasonable to expect devaluation in the works?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Got offered 20,000/30,000 miles at 10.1cpm (all-in) for a Z fare that's half of an LH-issued ticket (final legs are on Air India (LH-Code Share) and UA...which are the only legs that show up in my UA Account).
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by maple
RDM rates seem to have fallen from 21cpm to 19cpm across the board. Reasonable to expect devaluation in the works?
Nobody was buying because recent redemption and upcoming earning devaluations created uncertainty about the "value" of UA miles so UA was forced to lower the price.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
On all 4 of my reservations - fare classes S, P, K, U - 13.9 cpm for PQM.

If it dropped to <10cpm I'd be inclined to buy some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.