FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   MileagePlus Premier Qualifying Dollar (PQD) Requirement Discussion Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1536552-mileageplus-premier-qualifying-dollar-pqd-requirement-discussion-thread.html)

uastarflyer Dec 31, 2013 11:08 pm

MileagePlus Premier Qualifying Dollar (PQD) Requirement Discussion Thread

SIN-HKG already landed on 1/1/14. No PQD counter to track it yet...

The app does say I haven't met the Chase card $25k waiver yet though. Shocker!

demkr Dec 31, 2013 11:09 pm

Just an FYI: PQD line is now showing in account details for me.

username Dec 31, 2013 11:13 pm

I found my display did not update until I logged off and logged back on on IE. It could be timing but I am not sure.

On Firefox (which I tried after I saw the new format on IE), it showed the new format without having to logoff/log back on.

Xyzzy Dec 31, 2013 11:14 pm

The little "i" icon next to the PQD column brings up a box that c:eek:ntains this text:

What are Premier qualifying dollars?

Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) include spending on flights operated by United, United Express and Copa Airlines, as well as flights operated by Star Alliance and MileagePlus partner airlines when issued on a United ticket (ticket number starting with “016”). You can also earn PQD for Economy Plus® purchases.

Only the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges on eligible flights count toward PQD.

A status of “Processing” indicates that PQD are not available yet. It may take up to 14 days after the flight for PQD to post.

“Ineligible” indicates that the flight is not eligible to earn PQD.

demkr Dec 31, 2013 11:18 pm

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...r/qualify.aspx

Kacee Dec 31, 2013 11:28 pm

Yup it's rolled over. Bummer to see all those zeros.

Won't earn PQDs without a 2014 departure - 12/31 departure with 1/1 arrival doesn't count.

dsquared37 Jan 1, 2014 12:55 am

At the 11th hour (literally) I changed my primary address to my SE Asia residence. While all my data has reset to '0' I'm not seeing any PQD tracker so either 1) I never will or 2) it hasn't been rolled out yet.

anc-ord772 Jan 1, 2014 2:02 am

PQD Tracker is Up and...

Slightly refreshed MP Account Summary area on the home page once logged in.

PQD = $0, yet I have tickets purchased for 2014...

USFdonWill Jan 1, 2014 2:15 am

Originally Posted by anc-ord772 (Post 22060621)
Slightly refreshed MP Account Summary area on the home page once logged in.

PQD = $0, yet I have tickets purchased for 2014...

PQD will post as your flight credit post for 2014

anc-ord772 Jan 1, 2014 2:19 am

Originally Posted by USFdonWill (Post 22060655)
PQD will post as your flight credit post for 2014

GTK, thanks.

Anyone know if UNITED plans to show how many PQD are earned when shopping/buying a ticket?

USFdonWill Jan 1, 2014 2:23 am

Originally Posted by anc-ord772 (Post 22060661)
GTK, thanks.

Anyone know if UNITED plans to show how many PQD are earned when shopping/buying a ticket?

np.

My gut tells me that if they do show PQD during the purchasing process, it will be an expert mode function/opt-in as to not confuse the masses.

anc-ord772 Jan 1, 2014 2:25 am

Originally Posted by USFdonWill (Post 22060669)
np.

My gut tells me that if they do show PQD during the purchasing process, it will be an expert mode function/opt-in as to not confuse the masses.

DELTA is so much more customer friendly in this aspect. Geesh UNITED.

Phoenixtinct Jan 1, 2014 4:08 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 22060504)
At the 11th hour (literally) I changed my primary address to my SE Asia residence. While all my data has reset to '0' I'm not seeing any PQD tracker so either 1) I never will or 2) it hasn't been rolled out yet.

Well, I just changed the addresses of my sisters' accounts today (January 1st) and the PQD requirement went away as soon as the primary address was changed to non-US. They are not Premier members and have no current reservations, so not sure if that made the switch immediate. Their accounts are set up for the occasional flight they take once in a while for mileage credit.

I changed over my account yesterday or the day before and the PQD requirement wasn't there when I logged in this morning. I'm not going to play around with it to see if it will show up again if I change my primary address. It will be interesting to find out if primary residence will be taken into account ONLY at time of qualification, I. e. meet a mileage or segment level and then, the system will check the address and see if PQD applies.

If people switch to US addresses later in the year and have already flight activity credited to their accounts, how will United go back and figure out their PQD amount after the fact? Is their software sophisticated enough to do that? Or maybe the fair thing to do will be to take into account the primary address on the account when the first flight posts for the year and use those requirements for subsequent flights for the remainder of 2014 regardless of a potential primary address change on the account.

love_to_travel Jan 1, 2014 4:19 am

Although we knew that Presidential Plus card holders would be exempt from PQD requirements up to Platinum, it's good to get a confirmation on my personal account that I am indeed eligible for the exemption. I will miss being 1K though.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5530/1...69f00df0_o.png

RNE Jan 1, 2014 4:30 am

RNE
XX000000
Star Alliance Gold
Mileage balance 33,187
Mileage expiration 6/30/2015

Premier status qualification information
YTD Premier qualifying miles: 0
YTD Premier qualifying segments: 0
YTD Premier qualifying dollars: 0
4 flight segment minimum: Waived