Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2014 Thread]...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2014, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
A new thread has been started for 2015; please see: Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]

Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

These are the two rules for this thread:
1) Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to other threads if the question deserves its own thread.

2) Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:
United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary
Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2014 Thread]...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Ahhh - @:-)

Let me follow up: How do I get the *A desk? Ask the phone agent to transfer or is there a separate #?

Is this something to add to the wiki?

Cheers and thanks
1-877-726-7282, option 1. Or call the res line and ask to be transferred. Either way works.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
United keeps switching my seat?!?

Taking a red eye tonight and connecting through ORD tomorrow morning. I pre selected my seat for my connecting flight (11D, small plane, so pretty sure it's not E+), but when I checked in, I was in a different seat. Called united and they switched me back, but now i just checked my flight online and I was bumped AGAIN! I just really don't want to sit in the last row... has this happened to anyone? is it worth trying to call in again??
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05
Taking a red eye tonight and connecting through ORD tomorrow morning. I pre selected my seat for my connecting flight (11D, small plane, so pretty sure it's not E+), but when I checked in, I was in a different seat. Called united and they switched me back, but now i just checked my flight online and I was bumped AGAIN! I just really don't want to sit in the last row... has this happened to anyone? is it worth trying to call in again??
Do you have the same flight number throughout?

Check in again and change the seat.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Do you have the same flight number throughout?

Check in again and change the seat.
I just tried...It won't let me change it online cause there's an international code share on the ticket (I think), it says to go to the airport?? I think the flight is oversold too... i have a bad feeling I guess I'm stuck til later tonight.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
It is worth a second call --also where are you checking the seat assignment? Use the Check in tool not the reservation itinerary. Those can get out of sync.

Originally Posted by aacharya
Do you have the same flight number throughout? ....
Not likely since appears to be a mainline or not even UA flight connecting to UX.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It is worth a second call --also where are you checking the seat assignment? Use the Check in tool not the reservation itinerary. Those can get out of sync.
I tried both... back of the bus. I'll try giving them another call, see if it will stick this time...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I tried both... back of the bus. I'll try giving them another call, see if it will stick this time...
What aircraft? The smallest of the UX planes have no/little E+.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What aircraft? The smallest of the UX planes have no/little E+.
CRJ-700... called united... reservations agent couldn't help me and said it was showing I was never in any other seat? She managed to get the web support guys to change it though, so hopefully it'll stay that way til I get on the plane
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Originally Posted by sbm12
Originally Posted by kookoo
Question about the requirement to fly 4 UA segments for any level elite qualifying: are these calculated the same way as Premier qualifying segments? In other words, does a business class fare that earns 1.5 PQS also earn 1.5 "United segment" credits? This is not addressed anywhere on the United website as far as I can tell.
I do not think that 3x 1.5 PQS flights will count. They actually want 4 segments.
FWIW MP Customer Support says 1.5 segments.

I have flown one segment in business. My account shows 1.5 PQS and 1 of 4 toward the flight segment minimum.

But Bangalore said that their records show 1.5 toward the minimum. She said the web site doesn't show the fractions, but if I fly another business segment it will show 3 of 4.

Maybe someone who's flown more than one business segment will clear this up.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:59 pm

you are correct if you take 2 flights thats 1.5 segements each ur MP account will reflect 3 segments.

Originally Posted by bilofsky
FWIW MP Customer Support says 1.5 segments.

I have flown one segment in business. My account shows 1.5 PQS and 1 of 4 toward the flight segment minimum.

But Bangalore said that their records show 1.5 toward the minimum. She said the web site doesn't show the fractions, but if I fly another business segment it will show 3 of 4.

Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Originally Posted by eunduklee
you are correct if you take 2 flights thats 1.5 segements each ur MP account will reflect 3 segments.
Thanks. Just to be sure, this is toward the 4 segment minimum for Premier, correct? Not talking about PQS here.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: United GS, IHG platinum,ElAl Top Platinum
most of my international travel is TLV-EWR.
Inasmuch as finding flights on this route upon which GPU's can be utilized is almost impossible, I am at a loss to know what to do with my six unused GPU's.
can their expiry dates be extended?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by refson
most of my international travel is TLV-EWR.
Inasmuch as finding flights on this route upon which GPU's can be utilized is almost impossible, I am at a loss to know what to do with my six unused GPU's.
If you don't have eligible foreign travel in a year, and none of your family or friends do either, then use them for domestic travel. You're still getting roughly $400 of value each, getting $4000 in the form of 6 GPUs and 4 RPUs isn't so terrible.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by refson
can their expiry dates be extended?
United will often let 1Ks who requalify extend one or two by up to three months. But if you're only flying EWR-TLV, an extension won't help anyway.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:38 pm

Thanks. Just to be sure, this is toward the 4 segment minimum for Premier, correct? Not talking about PQS here.
The 4 segment requirement for status requires 4 actual UA/UX/COPA operated segments and the class of service bonus do not count toward the 4 segment requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.