Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - International GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - International GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Flew LHR - ORD on 1/3. A 2014 wine list was provided. It included 4 different champagnes and multiple whites/reds. FA's had real bottles, not those minis.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TimeToEarnMiles
Flew LHR - ORD on 1/3. A 2014 wine list was provided. It included 4 different champagnes and multiple whites/reds. FA's had real bottles, not those minis.
4 mine had 3 listed and of course they had the worst choice of all on board ... still better than the story in the OP.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA1k
Flew from GVA to EWR on 12/29 - no list. And, they seem to have decided to repeat the same menu choices over and over. Can't they add a new entree once in a while for those that fly across the ocean often?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K
After vanishing in late 2013, the wine list returned in Jan 2014, but it is now a list of "all wines that might possibly be available in markets like this" instead of "all wines that are likely to be on this flight".

I started a thread about this which was merged into the 2014 "Let's Eat" thread — http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22073952-post5.html . See my post there for pictures of the list in one market (IAH-LHR).

Originally Posted by mherdeg
If you were reading the BusinessFirst menus closely at the end of 2013 you may have noticed a sad, blank page where there used to be a list of "wines available on this flight".

The Jan 2014 BusinessFirst menu (at least for IAH-LHR) no longer has this deficiency. Instead there are FOUR PAGES of wine!

But the parameters have changed a little.

The old one-page list was "here are the wines that are probably on your flight, please ask a flight attendant to confirm" and sometimes there were deviations or they listed e.g. 2 kinds of white and only one was loaded.

The new four-page list appears to be "here are all the wines that might possibly be on any BusinessFirst flight in markets like this, so please ask a flight attendant which ones you're actually getting", and even then there were deviations (e.g. the champagne we were served on IAH-LHR was not any of the three products listed).
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by cfischer
well, the OP is reporting no champgane in BF intl.! This sounds like a catering error IMO.
Definitely a catering error. I was flying NRT-SEA last month and the FAs only had the mini-bottles of cava in-flight (usually only used for pre-departures). They said no regular bottles of Champagne was catered.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, all those 2012 vintage wines. That stuffs not even out of their diapers yet.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Baze
Wow, all those 2012 vintage wines. That stuffs not even out of their diapers yet.
I don't think the quality is at a level where it really matters whether there's any bottle age.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I don't think the quality is at a level where it really matters whether there's any bottle age.
Good point.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: UA1K
what were the "Hub Friendly" packages in those photos?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by haddon90
what were the "Hub Friendly" packages in those photos?
UA's special edition amenity kits. Being distributed until 01 March, accorsing to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...y-kits-ua.html.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: MileagePlus GS
Just returned from UA59/UA58 AMS-IAH and like others have noted the limited amenity kits were handed out on the IAH-AMS and there were new menus with the additional wines.

I was quite excited to see the new wine choices and when the International service manager came by to great us, I mentioned I was pleased to see an upgrade in the wine selection. She immediately replied that she did not want to disappoint me, but there were no new wines catered (still serving the dismal TikTok Shiraz) and she was told not to expect any changes in the catering in the near future. I asked her why they would put this in front of customers only to disappoint and she said that they were still working out the new catering plans, getting rid of old stock and not to set my expectations too high. She also pointed out that the list is only a list of potential options and there were no plans to carry more than two choices in Red and two in White (one old world and one new world).

Maybe I should start flying through Moscow on Singapore to get to Houston.

:-(
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
LHR LAX had two red choices in C - both New World.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
UA 49 on 8 January

UA 49
BOM-EWR
BusinessFirst
Boeing 777 - pmCO config

TO BEGIN

Chilled Appetizer
Cauliflower, mushroom and baby corn with mint chutney and sautéed onions in a green bell pepper

Salad
Zucchini, cucumber and potato salad with asparagus, red bell pepper and sprouted mung bean salad with balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSE

Lemon and Smoke-spiced Breast of Chicken au Jus
Chateau potatoes, sautéed spinach and carrots

Seafood Medley
Grilled salmon and bhetki fish topped with lemon herb shrimp, spicy roasted potatoes and spinach with pine nuts

Lamb Biryani
Flavored basmati rice and baby eggplant in sesame, peanut and coconut gravy with cilantro-mint yogurt and mixed pickles

Indian Vegetarian Selection
Corn and spinach with herbs and spices, sautéed cauliflower and peas with mild curry, cumin-flavored basmati rice, split yellow lentils with tomatoes, garlic and spices, cilantro-mint yogurt and mixed pickles

TO FINISH

International Cheese Selection
Grapes and crackers served with port

Dessert
Ice cream with your choice of toppings

MID-FLIGHT SNACK

Assorted Sandwiches
Sautéed spiced vegetables
Cream cheese and tomato

Dessert
Chocolate walnut brownie and a fudge-style dessert with milk and nuts

PRIOR TO ARRIVAL

Mushroom Omelette
Grilled zucchini, corn croquette, grilled tomato and roasted seasoned potatoes

Indian Selection
Savory green lentil and rice porridge, mild spiced chickpea stew, mint chutney-marinated cottage cheese and spicy mixed pickles

Cereal and Banana
Served with milk

Fresh fruit appetizer, yogurt and breakfast breads

Again, the wine/champagne/cordials list was the same but the Champagne was called "Champagne Collier" and we didn't notice any wines on-board that corresponded with the menu. I hope this is just a snafu because of a new month/year and all the weather delays!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Dear Mr. amartin1979:

Thank you for contacting United Airlines Customer Care. We welcome the opportunity to address the concerns of Premier 1K customers such as you.

I certainly understand you disappointment in regards to the availability of wine and champagne in our Premium cabins. Please be assured it is never our intent to inconvenience or disappoint our passengers in anyway, and I am very sorry your valid expectations have not been met in regards to this matter.

We understand that certain changes may have mixed feedback so we appreciate customer insight. Please know we are working to create the world’s leading airline and we appreciate when customers take the time to share comments and suggestions. Feedback like yours presents opportunities to improve or enhance our products and services. To ensure your concerns do not go unnoticed, I have included your comments in my report that is distributed to the appropriate senior management for their internal review.

Mr. amartin1979, We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us and the opportunity to apologize for the disappointment you have endured. We hope you will not judge us based solely on this experience.

We appreciate your business and hope to have the privilege of welcoming you onboard a future United Airlines flight.

Best regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Corporate Customer Care Manager
Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The BOM-EWR menu is making me want to head to 7th street for dinner...or book a flight & finally visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.