Search

Receipt System Down?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Receipt System Down?

I bought 4 tickets this evening, and none of them generated a receipt. Even re-requesting them I get no receipt. Just this error message when clicking "View Receipt" on the reservations:

We were unable to process your eTicket receipt. Processing may take up to 15 minutes.

If you continue to have problems obtaining a receipt, please contact 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) or send an e-mail to [email protected] for assistance.

If you would like to request a new receipt and you completed your travel within the past 7 days, please click here and follow the instructions provided.

Thank you for choosing United Airlines

Is anyone else getting this error?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
some of my bookings this week took an hour before the receipt was available on United.com Not sure what is going on.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
some of my bookings this week took an hour before the receipt was available on United.com Not sure what is going on.
Probably either PQD implementation side-effects and/or new website testing (although that won't be ready until mid to late 1Q 2014).
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Just bought two separate tix this AM. Same issue. No email receipt. No online receipt.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: United 1K
Bought ticket last night 12/27 and still no e-ticket.

Quick update: Still see no ticket number, but when I look at itinerary it shows:

"This reservation was ticketed and confirmed on Fri., Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:10 p.m. Central Time"

Last edited by mkrecek; Dec 28, 2013 at 9:08 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Screen shoot/PDF confirmation screen as a backup plan, perhaps?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Purchased a ticket last night for a flight in 1/14 and no email and when I checked online I got the same error. I didn't think anything of not getting the email until reading this post.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by iahkid2014
I didn't think anything of not getting the email until reading this post.
sad how well we've been trained to expect glitches, isn't it?

during the delta fiasco the other day it was refreshing to see an eticket number on my purchase confirmation screen. ah, the days of glory.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Screen shoot/PDF confirmation screen as a backup plan, perhaps?
OP is looking for a receipt not a confirmation. It's the receipt which is proof of ticketing and it's the ticket which DOT rules require UA to honor. While the two should generally be the same, something is amiss here and OP is quite properly looking for the e-ticket receipt to be assured that she actually is ticketed.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: United 1K 3MM
Same issue here. Even by calling UA, no email of receipt was received, despite agent's promise that "you will get it in a few minutes". Old tickets however have "view receipt" functional.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Same issue. Are you sure it's even issuing the ticket?

I used a UA GC, and wanted to use the residual value of the GC on the return leg, but couldn't. Assume it's because it has the GC locked until it actually issues.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Anyone who cannot obtain an e-ticket receipt should call and obtain the e-ticket # (not PNR/record locator). At a minimum, you will know that your reservation has been ticketed and it is the ticketing which locks in DOT rules on fare, availability, baggage and the like.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My purchase last night "ticketed" in the sense I was able to confirm a GPU and select a business class seat. But as others are reporting, I received no e-mail receipt.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
Same issue: I have now been waiting for four hours for the system to issue two award tickets on one PNR for Nov 2014. I thought there might have been an issue with the miles used, that the delay was caused by my booking on-line from Brazil, or something else I did until I saw this thread.

But I have this addition: during the reservation process and three times since I have tried to book seats. After going through the screens successfully, there is a notice in red saying that advanced seat assignments are not available for these flight(s), please secure seat assignments at airport check-in. These are on UA metal; something is wrong ....
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Often1
OP is looking for a receipt not a confirmation. It's the receipt which is proof of ticketing and it's the ticket which DOT rules require UA to honor. While the two should generally be the same, something is amiss here and OP is quite properly looking for the e-ticket receipt to be assured that she actually is ticketed.

Yes, it's part of the extra reconciliation process for UA bookings. Old UA would instant-ticket, so once you were done, you were done and could see the e-ticket number on your screen and move on. Same with DL -- once you book, it's instantly ticketed, so you're done.

But with CO's systems, we have to wait until it issues (I'm confident all of mine issued, since it says it's been e-ticketed and confirmed), but it's be nice to get the e-ticket numbers that show what you paid.

One of my tickets was an award ticket with partners, so I was able to use the partner site to find my e-ticket numbers.

But the others were 100% UA revenue tickets, so no receipt means no documentation of the ticket number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.