Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles

Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
SQ awards can be booked online but SQ generally does does not release to its *A partners all routes or all cabins -- especially the more premium cases

Archive: Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles

Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by djmp
Take the 787-10 in Polaris and report back!
IMO the SQ 359 is worse. Seat so hard. Of course big win to SQ on soft product.
djmp likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djmp
Take the 787-10 in Polaris and report back!
I'm sure I eventually will, but I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by Kacee
IMO the SQ 359 is worse. Seat so hard. Of course big win to SQ on soft product.
My problem wasn't the firmness of the seat, but rather the awkward angle needed to fit my feet into the cubbyhole.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by JetAway
SQ J really doesn't deserve Unicorn treatment anymore since there are other Asian carriers with Business Class as good, if not better than SQ (e.g., Eva Air).
Yes, but SQ think they are still the unicorn. I don't think it's UA that is limiting SQ.
Arrogance Airlines...
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
all SQ awards gone from United.com
SPN Lifer, mrt88 and nexusCFX like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
all SQ awards gone from United.com
No surprise. We will see more devaluations and restrictions coming. This is just the beginning.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
No surprise. We will see more devaluations and restrictions coming. This is just the beginning.
I've just seen the same thing.
Is this a SQ thing of it a UA enhancement?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: UA: 1K, AA: Gold, Hilton: Diamond, Marriott: Plat Premier, Hertz: Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ozflier
I've just seen the same thing.
Is this a SQ thing of it a UA enhancement?
just wondering do we know if this is a temporary thing due to COVID or is this anticipated to be more a more long term enhancement? Im based in the Philippines for work, so this would be a huge hit to my ability to redeem UA miles.

Planning a NZ trip for April 2021 and currently booked MNL-BKK-AKL-CHC // AKL-BKK-MNL on a R/T award but would love to find SQ Space if it will be available via WLG or CHC.
Guate87 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Yes, but SQ think they are still the unicorn. I don't think it's UA that is limiting SQ.
Arrogance Airlines...
True but in Suites SQ is top notch though they won't be selling F/R for several months
Guate87 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still all gone?
I have been looking into regional SE Asia award flights out of SIN for travel in late fall, but cannot find any options on SQ.
I am only seeing very few connections via BKK on TG.
Guate87 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Still all gone?
I have been looking into regional SE Asia award flights out of SIN for travel in late fall, but cannot find any options on SQ.
I am only seeing very few connections via BKK on TG.
Another thread indicated that SQ had pulled all their awards to *A partners (and other partners) until end of this month. We'll see if awards start to re-appear in April. SQ indicated they were doing this to reduce travel to and through Singapore. I also would like to book an intra-Asia award in August.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mh3265a
SQ indicated they were doing this to reduce travel to and through Singapore. I also would like to book an intra-Asia award in August.
I think it had at least as much to do with not having to deal with all the schedule changes.

In any event, if you have access to KF (and virtually all the cc points transfer) their award inventory is pretty open right now (though as noted above they're not currently selling Suites/F).
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
I think it had at least as much to do with not having to deal with all the schedule changes.

In any event, if you have access to KF (and virtually all the cc points transfer) their award inventory is pretty open right now (though as noted above they're not currently selling Suites/F).
Fair point!

I have seen plenty of saver availability using KVS but my points are all with United at this point. We'll see if they can access at some point soon.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, UA 2MM
SIA J inventory available via MP award?

I was looking at award flights from SFO to Indonesia in the fall (fingers crossed) and was surprised to see routings via TPE (EVA) to SIN and then on to either CGK or SUB on SIA all in J (actually, the detailed fare class on EVA was 'I' while the SIA segment was 'D'....odd for an award booking). I thought J on SIA was off limits to MP award tickets. Interestingly a routing to DPS showed nothing on SIA. Not sure if this is a 'phantom availability' situation or if SIA is opening access to business MP awards on some short haul flights. Anybody have any insight?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rdmmsmsfo
Not sure if this is a 'phantom availability' situation or if SIA is opening access to business MP awards on some short haul flights. Anybody have any insight?
Try booking it and let us know the results.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by rdmmsmsfo
I was looking at award flights from SFO to Indonesia in the fall (fingers crossed) and was surprised to see routings via TPE (EVA) to SIN and then on to either CGK or SUB on SIA all in J (actually, the detailed fare class on EVA was 'I' while the SIA segment was 'D'....odd for an award booking). I thought J on SIA was off limits to MP award tickets. Interestingly a routing to DPS showed nothing on SIA. Not sure if this is a 'phantom availability' situation or if SIA is opening access to business MP awards on some short haul flights. Anybody have any insight?
Intra-Asia awards, as well as ME & Oceania have always been bookable. As far away as SIN-IST even, I believe. SIN-Europe and SIN-NA are off-limits to all partners though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.