Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Domestic Lie-Flat Seat Routes (other than p.s.)?

Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All 752, 76x, 77x, 78x aircraft have lieflat seats, no other UA aircraft does

https://www.unitedcargo.com/ provides route info by aircraft type, such as Widebody Schedule Dec 2018 for regularly scheduled flights.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:19 am
Original Poster

I'm looking at flying to Ca from FL in August next year. After being disappointed with my domestic F seat last summer, I'd much rather be in a lie flat seat if I'm going in F. I was trying to find a wide body on a domestic route that would have LF seats, and I can't find one. Anyone know of any that should be on the schedule? I know some of the 757s also have LF seats, but aside from the PS flights from JFK which won't work, I can only find a handful (maybe 4) flying transcons from EWR, and I'd rather not have to connect through there just to get a LF seat. Are there any other routes those 757s are on?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by tjh8402
I'm looking at flying to Ca from FL in August next year. After being disappointed with my domestic F seat last summer, I'd much rather be in a lie flat seat if I'm going in F. I was trying to find a wide body on a domestic route that would have LF seats, and I can't find one. Anyone know of any that should be on the schedule? I know some of the 757s also have LF seats, but aside from the PS flights from JFK which won't work, I can only find a handful (maybe 4) flying transcons from EWR, and I'd rather not have to connect through there just to get a LF seat. Are there any other routes those 757s are on?
IAH - LAX
EWR - LAX
EWR - ORD
EWR - DEN
EWR - Florida.
That's about it for the TATL 757s flying domestic routes. Other then that those 757s are flying mostly to Europe.

As for widebodies, there's a 787 flying IAH - DEN, a 2-cabin 763 flying IAH - SFO, a 3-cabin 763 flying IAH - ORD.

Last edited by JOSECONLSCREW28; Sep 28, 2013 at 7:57 am
Old Sep 28, 2013, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
IAH - LAX
EWR - LAX
EWR - ORD
EWR - DEN
EWR - Florida.
That's about it for the TATL 757s flying domestic routes. Other then that those 757s are flying mostly to Europe.

As for widebodies, there's a 787 flying IAH - DEN, a 2-cabin 763 flying IAH - SFO, a 3-cabin 763 flying IAH - ORD.
That doesn't provide a lot of good options :-(. I didn't see the 763 on the IAH -SFO route. I can't catch the IAH-LAX 757 because there aren't any flights that get into IAH early enough to make the flight. So if I'm reading this right, it would appear that I have to go through EWR if I wanted a lie flat seat. Is there a place that this information is publicly accessible easier than just trying a bunch of different routings and seeing whats on? How likely is it that UA would change up this equipment? I'm thinking it's likely I'll end up on AA at this point since they have the 777 that goes MIA to LAX, even though it'll cost me a lot more miles.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I'm flying a 777 next week from SFO to ORD..
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I think you're not going to find any lie-flat seats to Florida and even if you d find some for part of the way (say to IAH, for example) there is enough time between now and next August that you're likely to be schedule-changed into something else anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
Not what you're looking for, but flights such as EWR-HNL and IAD-HNL (and, IIRC, IAH-HNL) provide BusinessFirst seats.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Isn't likely. The options have been laid out for you. It seems to be going the long way to FLL just to get a lie flat seat. On the other hand, in February we are flying SFO-FLL, nonstop F, a 5 hour flight. Much faster, even tho it doesn't have lie flat (currently a 737-800 flight.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Do you have to fly UA? Delta flies a few widebodies with lie-flat seats from ATL-LAX, which is an easy connection from Florida.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Widebodies show up from LAX/SFO - IAD and v.v. from time to time but not consistently. Your situation is far out so this won't help as much but you can always check:

http://www.unitedcargo.com/

There is always a published schedule under "Month XYZ Widebody Schedule" which shows all published and scheduled (as opposed to one-offs) widebody flights in a month. Again not going to be helpful unless booking the same month but it is a place you can look to get an idea of where the widebody flights are
Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Domestic widebody international cabin equipped flights are operated at UA's convenience. Their purpose is to increase their utilization and also route them around the system for maintenance purposes. That's all. United does not market the flat bed seats on domestic routes, United just views it as a bonus if you manage to come across it. You're not guaranteed the flat beds until you board the aircraft.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Virgin America first class is not quite a GlobalFirst or BF seat but better than the usual UA First domestic first class.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BAEC Gold
Don't know if it's regularly scheduled, but I just noticed that I'm booked in 3 class F on a 777 next month ORD-SFO (UA 555).
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was super surprised to see a 767-400ER from ORD-LAS for a flight I need to take for a convention in November.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 4:05 am

Programs: LH Senator, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Plat. Previous: UA 1K, AAdvantage Platinum;
Domestic 787 Routes

I need to fly from SFO-EWR, leaving SFO late night, and connect in EWR to the 4pm TLV flight

Any chance to add a stop and get a leg on the 787?
Old Sep 29, 2013, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Even if you could - you willing to miss your TLV flight? 787 isn't exactly a model of reliability at the moment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.