Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Platinum Benefit:Better availability for United Saver Awards in select premium cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Benefit:Better availability for United Saver Awards in select premium cabins

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Shimansky VIP

Hey,

Does anyone know what the exact meaning of the Platinum/1k benefit of:

"Better availability for United Saver Awards in select premium cabins"

I just hit Platinum and was wondering whether to expect any difference in business class award availability.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Solely marketing hype. It doesn't exist. Sorry to burst the bubble.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
One of my awards shows booked in IN for GUM-NRT....

... but....

I was/still is also available

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by mshimansky
Hey,

Does anyone know what the exact meaning of the Platinum/1k benefit of:

"Better availability for United Saver Awards in select premium cabins"

I just hit Platinum and was wondering whether to expect any difference in business class award availability.
Those "select premium cabins" don't exist. They've actually selected zero premium cabins.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
There has not been a single verifiable case to show IN>I.

The days of better availability of premium cabins for elites ended when UA disabled ON for saver F award.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I would encourage you to interpret this benefit to mean that if you are ever looking for a business-class award on UA metal and it is unavailable, that you may call Reservations and ask them to ask a supervisor to force open IN/I inventory for you.

This may not be true but it can't hurt to ask
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With the forthcoming devaluation & inflation of partner awards I fully expect even more demand for UA-metal premium cabin awards, on top of GPU, miles u/g, current I and O redemption.

It is time for UA to agressively manage and set aside premium inventory for top elites (such as IN).
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by cesco.g

It is time for UA to agressively manage and set aside premium inventory for top elites (such as IN).
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
With the forthcoming devaluation & inflation of partner awards I fully expect even more demand for UA-metal premium cabin awards, on top of GPU, miles u/g, current I and O redemption.

Absolutely! It's about time UA did something positive for its elites. Not holding my breath here.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can't be serious?

Aren't going to happen with this "friendly" management.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
ROFL!!!!!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992
You can't be serious?

Aren't going to happen with this "friendly" management.
Why not? They could just shift some I inventory to IN. Good way to deal with all the Chase points held by not only nonelites, but non UA flyers.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
The first time was amusing.

Also, thanks for the carefully reasoned response. A great addition to the discussion.
OK.

UA's book has huge liability of miles sold to Chase.

I think UA wants you to pay standard awards JN, not saver IN.

The difference is huge.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Why not? They could just shift some I inventory to IN. Good way to deal with all the Chase points held by not only nonelites, but non UA flyers.
They could. Just like they could restore the 2 RPUs to PMUA MMs. But they won't (save for legal action).

UA no longer likes it's (non-GS) elites.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:59 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Don't recall exact dates, but IIRC it was May travel when I was able to book TG 1st from NRT, something that wasn't available when I wasn't logged in.

Of course it didn't show up until two weeks before my travel date, but it was there for this 1K, as well as at least one other intra Asia flight in Biz @:-)

And I do see a little (little being the operative word here) more domestic FC availability when logged in v. searching as GM.

OK, got my asbestos suit on, flame away

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.