Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Gets SFO ↔ Tokyo Haneda Authority - Service starts 26 Oct. 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Gets SFO ↔ Tokyo Haneda Authority - Service starts 26 Oct. 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by unavaca
TSA is two Metro trains and two extra stops on the HSR, so it's quite a ways farther than TPE. The bus isn't particularly great, especially for foreigners, but hopefully it'll improve if they ever finish the MRT line between TPE and Taoyuen station.
I think you are confused about TPE and TSA.
TSA is in the downtown Taipei city while TPE is in Taoyuen.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
Huh ??, TSA is way closer to town than TPE is. We got to TSA airport in about 10 min, it's a looooong way out to TPE
Originally Posted by pigx5
I think you are confused about TPE and TSA.
TSA is in the downtown Taipei city while TPE is in Taoyuen.
That is what I thought initially but if you read back, he/she is comparing TSA and TPE in relation to the Taoyuan HSR station. unavaca is correct.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
If they could pull it off, UA might be better off with SFO-HND-TSA and just give up relaunching SFO-TPE. I agree with Neil35 on this aspect: whatever is left of UA's TPE customer base (including me) has mostly found their ways elsewhere. Besides, SFO-TPE is already served pretty well by *A, via BR.
Originally Posted by unavaca
I'm one of those that prefer SFO-TPE since I'm connecting to HSR to the South.
I also prefer SFO-TPE. UA has a large number of TPE flyers who need the lifetime miles and the PQD. I love BR business class TPE-LAX lie flat that will soon be installed in their TPE-SFO, but I will go back to SFO-TPE nonstop on UA. I also know many people in the Bay Area waiting for UA870/871.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PanAmWT
I also prefer SFO-TPE. UA has a large number of TPE flyers who need the lifetime miles and the PQD. I love BR business class TPE-LAX lie flat that will soon be installed in their TPE-SFO, but I will go back to SFO-TPE nonstop on UA. I also know many people in the Bay Area waiting for UA870/871.
There is no way UA will do HND-TSA in the near future.

BR already operates flat bed Royal Laurel on all their 777 service. Only SEA and YVR have the old PL or Recliner as they are still on the 744. SEA seems to be moving to 777 and RL on some days later this year.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by username
There is no way UA will do HND-TSA in the near future.

BR already operates flat bed Royal Laurel on all their 777 service. Only SEA and YVR have the old PL or Recliner as they are still on the 744. SEA seems to be moving to 777 and RL on some days later this year.
It's not about the product.
UA just can't fly HND-TSA.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Are we still talking about this?! UA IS NEVER GOING TO FLY HND-TSA. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. FORGET ABOUT IT.

If they somehow by the grace of God managed to get two HND slots, and even if the slot regulations/treaties allowed it, there is no way in heck that they would use one of them for a short intra-Asia stub when they have an immunized JV partner with a local passenger base already flying the route!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Well, if it was own-metal maybe it'd actually be able to be ticketed as 016 for PQD requirements as opposed to the UA website not even acknowledging the possibility. For an "immunized JV partner" UA sure seems averse to putting its passengers on NH's Taipei flights.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:16 pm

Where is the USG with respect to granting AA's route to UA, HA or DA?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
From what I understand, Japan and the US are still bogged down in negotiations about what to do with the daytime slots set aside for HND-US flights.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Oh joy, more waiting.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
United received tentative approval for this SFO-HND route (source). The other routes previously granted (and operating) are to/from HNL on Hawaiian and to/from LAX and SEA on Delta.

Originally Posted by blug
I thought these are already operating?
Yes, of course they are. Post corrected.

Last edited by FlytheTail; Feb 28, 2014 at 6:08 pm
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
The other routes granted are to/from HNL on Hawaiian and to/from LAX and SEA on Delta.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by blug
Yes, I think that was a typo by the OP.

From the article: "The route is part of an open-skies accord between the United States and Japan that allows four daily roundtrip flights at Haneda. The other flights are operated by Hawaiian from Honolulu; and Delta Air Lines from Los Angeles and Seattle, the Transportation Department's statement said."

UA replacing AA (JFK-HND), all else remain the same.

Great news for UA and SFO, by the way!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Congrats to UA. I wonder if it will be flown on the 788 or 772. My bet is on the 788; wherever it will come from, I don't know.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
United received tentative approval for this SFO-HND route (source). The other routes previously granted (and operating) are to/from HNL on Hawaiian and to/from LAX and SEA on Delta.
This is significant for SFO-TPE. Now there could be a UA SFO-HND and NH HND-TSA option. Not as good as UA870/871 (SFO-TPE nonstop), but an additional option could be very useful.

The SFO-BKK travelers might also benefit with NH HND-BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.