Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Did United online booking fix their site to avoid booking fees?

Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Saw blog articles if you can't do a complete booking on the United website due to various reasons or problems, that you can go to end of booking and instead of purchase the ticket, click on the phone order page and this will hold reservation until you call in to complete the order.
My friend tried that on his booking the other day as he had problems and this option to click the box with the phone order page didn't show on the page. Did United take away or fix the loophole to avoid the $25 call in fee?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Its still there for eligible bookings:

Payment Information:

For your security, we use standard SSL encryption to protect the transfer of your payment information. If you would prefer to complete your purchase via phone visit our phone order page.

Read our privacy policy.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:14 pm

It's gone for some bookings (like award tickets), but there's still a workaround using the pay with PayPal button: http://milevalue.com/what-you-need-t...d-award-holds/
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
It's still there. At the end on the payment page above the credit card logos there is a link to hold & pay over the phone. I just tried it to be sure
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
It's still there. At the end on the payment page above the credit card logos there is a link to hold & pay over the phone. I just tried it to be sure
But it only appears on some itineraries. I wish the PayPal method would not be broadcast, but that is the way to go. I really fear UA will take this away like Delta, which would make award booking so, so much harder.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
But it only appears on some itineraries. I wish the PayPal method would not be broadcast, but that is the way to go. I really fear UA will take this away like Delta, which would make award booking so, so much harder.
What's the Pay Pal method (PM me if you don't mind). Is there a difference between Pay Pal & Western Union method? The nice thing about the phone method I'd your booking can be held for 2-4 days, Western Union is only 24 hours and I've never heard of THR pay pal method

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.