UA.com Begins Instant Ticketing?

Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
UA.com Begins Instant Ticketing?

Just went to book a flight. Went to my reservations page, selected the reservation, and the tickets had been issued -- in under 30 seconds. Is this new?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by boat9781
Just went to book a flight. Went to my reservations page, selected the reservation, and the tickets had been issued -- in under 30 seconds. Is this new?
30 seconds is not instant.

My experience, including recently, is that it seems to be a queue-based process with variable throughput time.

Sometimes, I've had it happen quickly (a few minutes) and other times it takes hours or even days.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:19 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Not instant. I booked an itin just yesterday and had it take a good 30 minutes before they ticketed it.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Not sure if others have seen this, but the App is the closest I've come to instant ticketing. For me, I just get the receipt almost instantaneously with no pre-email.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold
Booked 10 or so tickets today... got the usual 'Thanks for choosing United' email approx 5-10 mins ahead of the ticket email in every case.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:00 pm

Not instant today for me. I still ended up waiting 10 minutes for internal processing to finish on an entirely UA domestic itinerary.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
What do they do in the intervening period? Do the yave thousands of clerks with quill pens checking the reservations for errors? Because surely if it's computer based, the ticketing would be instantaneous.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Every PNR I build is instant. Weird.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sulley
Really?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
It seems to depend on time of day and load. I remember ticketing several reservations on Christmas Day last year and they seemed to ticket instantly though I think it was more of a load issue. Just issued three tickets and it took 20 minutes for tickets to issue.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Really?
Really. I get an instant PNR every time
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Revenue tix or NRSA?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:15 am

Means nothing. A family member was travelling to Europe and a friend tried to duplicate the first half of reservation. Even though the friend had an United "confirmation" number, she was never ticketed. When she tried to check-in she found she had a problem. No ticket. I check the rez many times a week, but a person who flies a few times a year may not realize that a United "confirmation" number is not a confirmation. I was on vacation at the America's cup, and it took a lot of legal work, including letters to United counsel and a trip to the business office at SFO to resolve the matter.

It took a lot of time out of my vacation to resolve, but I a grateful to the United staff who corrected the problem. But beware, a United confirmation number means nothing.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:47 am

You get a PNR but not a ticket.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
This morning, my PNR was ticketed four minutes after being created.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.