Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Old (Classic) Slogan, "Come Fly the Friendly Skies Again", Returns to the New UNITED.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old (Classic) Slogan, "Come Fly the Friendly Skies Again", Returns to the New UNITED.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
WAIT A MINUTE. What was the "nice surprise" for yesterday, Friday Sept 27th???!!!
The "nice surprise" is: Thirty Days of Friendly!

http://united30daysoffriendly.dja.com/
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Karl-MDW
The "nice surprise" is: Thirty Days of Friendly!

http://united30daysoffriendly.dja.com/
then back to the standard of unfriendly?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: UA MM, over 1.3 lifetime miles
They've got some stiff competition with AA & their new business class flat beds. Maybe UA should have designed an advertising strategy focusing on their progress with flat bed installation on most of the aircraft. Every airline has friendly inflight service. If they want to bring back something nice inflight, how about printed menus on more flights, & real cup & saucer coffee service in First? (rather than those truck stop coffee mugs).
Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
I find this new "flyer friendly" stuff is coming in handy in one regard. Whenever in the past couple weeks I've asked for something reasonable from customer service and get a no or lack of interest in being helpful, I make some sarcastic comment about being flyer friendly and it seems to actually go along way in getting the agent to actually help. So, maybe something good actually may come out of it. (Although one questions why if they really are flyer friendly in the first place you have to invoke the lack of friendliness...)
Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: WN A+, DL nobody, HH Dia, National EE
The slogan and music bring back fond childhood memories of traveling with my family. But present day dealings make me question if they can effectively be friendly.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by Jwebber57
The slogan and music bring back fond childhood memories of traveling with my family.
Then, cynical though this may be, the ads did half their job!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
I wonder why it took this long for UA to become "flyer friendly."

...after all, they've been "printer friendly" for over a decade now. Just look how much it's plastered all over their website
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:12 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
On reflection as of 11/1/2013

Originally Posted by UA Insider
We’re proud to welcome back “Fly the Friendly Skies” as a cherished but updated part of our brand, and excited to share even more about it with you tomorrow and in the coming days. Keep an eye on the United Hub starting late morning for more details, and sneak previews of what’s to come...
I am not sure this campaign has hit the mark.

As of today we have seen the following "friendly" changes:
1. Increase in bag fees for *A elites

2. Restrictions in award routings

3. Material costs increase in award levels

4. Three tiered award structures
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know, I was watching the Mentalist the other day and made the connection...seems a little true with the serial killing of the benefits and perks...

Red John Friendly...

Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, SPG Platinum, National Exec. Elite
Thumbs down Tomfoolery

Originally Posted by J.Edward
I am not sure this campaign has hit the mark.

1. Increase in bag fees for *A elites

2. Restrictions in award routings

3. Material costs increase in award levels

Perhaps they are using this positive advertising campaign to mask the above changes...Clever, very clever.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: MileagePlus Club, Amex Platinum, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by J.Edward

Sorry - I've looked all over and can't find anything about this. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
dw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.