Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Better award availability with United credit cards (as well as elites) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2024, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Better award availability with United credit cards (as well as elites)

While it had appeared to be true, it has been unclear for some time if the improved award available for MP branded credit cards was intentional or would continue -- however in May 2017, UA started posting in award searches for credit card holders
Quote:
Exclusively available to you as a MileagePlus Premier® member and MileagePlus Chase Cardmember
so this appears to be intentional
Appears to apply to all present and legacy MileagePlus branded cards
Provides better available is for JN, YN, XN (FN?) BUT not IN

Previous threads
Checking for award booking - something new? noting expanded inventory for elites & CC
Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.
Print Wikipost

Better award availability with United credit cards (as well as elites) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FF12
Perhaps it's just because Chase has not reported my card to United yet?

Thanks
I don't know if this is it or not - have you entered your card info as a form of payment in your profile? I actually don't know if this has anything to do with it or not - but worth a try. Then log out and log in again.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I don't know if this is it or not - have you entered your card info as a form of payment in your profile? I actually don't know if this has anything to do with it or not - but worth a try. Then log out and log in again.
+1 - that was my first thought upon reading this.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I think this should work. A couple weeks ago there were reports of XN availability without the saver awards appearing, but I think that’s been fixed.

As a 1K with no MP CC, I see saver award availability on this flight. I believe we should both see the same expanded availability.

You might want to double check Chase has the correct MileagePlus number for you.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I don't know if this is it or not - have you entered your card info as a form of payment in your profile?.
If you're a cardholder, UA and Chase link your accounts. Has absolutely nothing to do with form of payment.

OP, are you fully logged into your account?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:47 am

I haven't received the card yet so I can't add it as a payment method (need the CVV).

Am I correct in thinking MPE holders should get XN even with no status?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:10 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
... OP, are you fully logged into your account?
If seeing Expert Mode, probably yes

I haven't received the card yet so I can't add it as a payment method (need the CVV). ..
Look at your mileage expiration date, in your account summary, click on "mileage expiration" does it mention something about having a Chase card an miles never expire?
... Am I correct in thinking MPE holders should get XN even with no status?
That is not documented anywhere but has been true in the past.

BTW, Welcome to FT!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:19 pm

[...]
Am I correct in thinking MPE holders should get XN even with no status?
Yes, that's correct. When I view that EWR-MUC flight as an MPE holder without any UA status, the "Details" view shows it booking into XN.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Well, I see this language right under the flight times:

"Exclusively available to you as a Chase Cardmember"

I haven't seen that before.

FF12, your hunch that Chase and UA haven't linked up yet is probably correct.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If seeing Expert Mode, probably yes

Look at your mileage expiration date, in your account summary, click on "mileage expiration" does it mention something about having a Chase card an miles never expire?

BTW, Welcome to FT!
Thanks for the welcome.

When I click mileage expiration it just says I need to earn miles every 18 months, no mention of a chase card.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
When I click mileage expiration it just says I need to earn miles every 18 months, no mention of a chase card.
Your accounts are not linked yet.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Thanks for the welcome.

It takes a little bit of time for the accounts to get linked - if your card was issued two days ago I would wait at least two weeks before calling to try to get things sorted out. As noted, your mileage expiration date should comment that your miles will never expire. Also, Standard Awards will book into YN instead of HN.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to FT. It seems that your account is not linked yet. I would add it as the primary payment method to your UA account once received as well.. Good luck and Safe Travels
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Booking advise SFO/JBN

I have a United Explorer Credit card and have access to better award available than those without. If I find award available with my login that is not available to others can I call in and give the agent the flight information and book a award ticket for someone else using their Miles account?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 17, 2017 at 7:48 pm Reason: corrected title
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
No, not to my knowledge. That inventory is tied to your MP account. You can use your own miles and book the ticket for someone else, but can't use someone else's account to book inventory tied to your account.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
You're not supposed to be able to by the rules, but I've had success with it.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:20 am

Can someone tell me if there are saver awards for 5 from PAR-LAS on 4/7 or 4/8? I'm way over 5/24. Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.