Search

New Chase Select Benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
New Chase Select Benefits?

Haven't seen this posted here, but got an email from Chase with a link to an updated benefits guide for my Select Visa signature card. I actually quite appreciated it, because I was trying to find my old one last week to determine if certain benefits were included, and here, now there is a link in my inbox.

To be honest, I'm not sure what was changed for sure, but my recollection was that there were very few travel benefits in the past in terms of insurance - I think there was maybe delayed bag insurance but not much else. The new guide details lost luggage insurance, delayed bag, and then what seems to be new (IIRC) is travel accident insurance and travel/emergency services. Other standard card benefits such as Auto rental CDW, purchase protection, etc.

Anyone else recall travel insurance, etc. as part of the Select Card benefits. If not, while not the fee-free foreign transactions as I was hoping might come online one day, it is an improvement.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
I think they may be updating many of the cards. I also got a new link for my Club Card.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:59 am
RJ1

I also got the email for my Club Card.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Anyone else recall travel insurance, etc. as part of the Select Card benefits. If not, while not the fee-free foreign transactions as I was hoping might come online one day, it is an improvement.
I don't believe it had CDW before. I remember having looked at the benefits of my various Chase cards not that long ago and realizing that only my J.P. Morgan card had it.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 1:51 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I received an email and also received a booklet by snail mail today.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: United
Chase Mileage Plus Select card PQM?

I have an old Chase Continental Select card that was changed over to UA Mileage Plus Select. My question is it says I will earn up to 5,000 PQM per year but the miles that get credited are just regular miles. Is anyone getting Premier Miles with this card?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 9:12 am

Legacy Chase SELECT Visa PQM Question

My old Select card offers up to 5k PQM on ua.com purchases of up to $5,000
I need 1,000 PQM and have only put 4k of ua purchases on the Select card so far this year.
No future travel planned so can I just go ahead and purchase any Y fare of $1,000, put it on the Select Card and after PQM post get a full refund without losing the PQM?
Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2013, 9:28 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by shdflyer
No future travel planned so can I just go ahead and purchase any Y fare of $1,000, put it on the Select Card and after PQM post get a full refund without losing the PQM?
Thanks
I would be concerned about the refund step but otherwise yes.
If you are talking about a purchase and refund in 24 hours, I doubt you will earn the PQMs.
You would have a better chance of purchasing a fully refundable ticket for late 2014 and refunding after 31 Jan 2014 ( the nominally last date for 2013 earning adjustments). However, you may end up with a negative credit for 2014.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by shdflyer
Thanks
I had success last year in purchasing a United gift certificate from United.com with that card for the amount of miles needed.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by YYCBear
I had success last year in purchasing a United gift certificate from United.com with that card for the amount of miles needed.
I don't think that will work any more, though I don't have any specific experience with it. What I do know is that my Chase statements now lists ticket numbers and flight routes on it, so they can definitely tell the difference between flights and gift certificates.

It also listed the ticket number and route when I had to get a refund due to a schedule change.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by teberts
I have an old Chase Continental Select card that was changed over to UA Mileage Plus Select. My question is it says I will earn up to 5,000 PQM per year but the miles that get credited are just regular miles. Is anyone getting Premier Miles with this card?
Odd, there was no Continental version of the card that earned Premier miles except for the Presidential Plus which costs $395 a year.

Wonder if they changed people who had Continental cards before the OnePass Plus card that saves on bag fees to this Select card.

Nice deal if that's the case.

I had the old United Select and each month I make a United.com purchase there is a 'PQM Chase Bonus' line that appears on my MileagePlus statement.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by penner42
I don't think that will work any more, though I don't have any specific experience with it. What I do know is that my Chase statements now lists ticket numbers and flight routes on it, so they can definitely tell the difference between flights and gift certificates.

It also listed the ticket number and route when I had to get a refund due to a schedule change.
I disagree. IIRC, the miles are for any spending on united.com, not just for flights. In any case, I'll likely be trying it again soon, so I'll be able to report back.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:44 pm

I disagree. IIRC, the miles are for any spending on united.com, not just for flights. In any case, I'll likely be trying it again soon, so I'll be able to report back.
Interesting. I always thought it had said "One PQM per dollar spent on *tickets* at United.com" but this disagrees: https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...ewards-new.htm, so you're probably right.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by penner42

It works for all Purchases made on united.com; gift certs, accelerator, UA tickets, partner tickets...everything.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by TommyC80
It works for all Purchases made on united.com; gift certs, accelerator, UA tickets, partner tickets...everything.
Ahh, I figured out where my confusion came from:
3 award miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United
The 3 award miles per dollar is only supposed to be on ticket purchases. They don't have the same restriction on PQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.