Wiki Posts
Search

Premier Accelerator

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus
Premier Accelerator

I'm wondering how many flyers here know about the United Premier Accelerator upgrade? I'm asking because I would think it would be on the radar of frequent flyers who are always looking for a way to not only earn more miles but also finding anyway to upgrade their status for the next year. I just found about Premier Accelerator recently. Has anyone here used it to upgrade their status?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott Titanium
If you do the math on it, often times it's not very cheap. I looked at it for a recent trip but the cost was 14 cents per mile. Most mile run itineraries are lauded for costs under 6 cents per mile. Even my flights that I was looking at accelerating were cheaper than that.

Also, it doesn't get you lifetime miles, which many people (myself included) want.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 2MM/*A Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, WN A-List, Hertz Platinum, IHG Platinum
I'm not quite sure I understand your post. Yes, Premier Accelerator is fairly well known amongst the FT community. Do people buy it? Well, that's a tricky one...

As we get closer and closer to the end of the year and people start to realize that they don't have time to do a MR to hit/re-qualify for the same/next elite level, many FTers will start to look at the Premier Accelerator as an option to close the gap. It's not cheap and the price isn't fixed. In fact, many have observed the CPM for Premier Accelerator ramp up towards the end of the year when the folks at MP know that people are desperate.

IMO, a MR at 3-5CPM is much better value than paying $1000 for 3x the PQM on a given flight. But, if you've got cash to burn and/or don't want to do any more BIS miles for the year, Premier Accelerator is a good option.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:42 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Your previous thread on this was closed with a link provided to a thread providing a great deal of information you should find useful. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post21419199

Please read the thread provided in your last question on this, and should you have further questions please post them in the main thread so that information in consolidated and easy to locate in one place.

l'etoile
UA moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.