Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles clawback after closing Chase MPE?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Miles clawback after closing Chase MPE?

I currently hold the MileagePlus Explorer personal card, and my latest statement just closed today. The Chase website shows that ~3k miles were submitted to United. I've read elsewhere that it takes 3-5 business days for the miles to show up in my MP account.

Problem is, I also applied for an MPE Business card last Friday and got a delayed decision message. I'm hoping to use the personal card as a bargaining chip during the reconsideration call (which I want to do today), but if I end up having to close it, is there any chance the 3k miles could be clawed back? I know that any points that haven't posted to a statement are usually lost when you cancel, but my miles are sort of in a limbo between Chase and MP.

Thoughts?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Once posted, and you pay the bill, can't be clawed back.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacharya
Once posted, and you pay the bill, can't be clawed back.
I did prepay about 2/3 of the bill already but 1k is still due. Should I still be okay? There's also the $95 AF rolled into that balance (it was my anniversary last month), which I assume will be refunded at some point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.