Search

LAX-NRT-AKL vs. LAX-SYD-AKL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by zrs70
Everyone here is responding like a flyer talker!

My spouse wants to be on planes as little as possible. If I were the OP, I would check out last minute options that are most direct.

I would check NZs NS space from YVR as well.
Originally Posted by halls120
My spouse also likes our flights to be as short as possible. That said, She would gladly take a longer trip with F/C seats over a shorter trip in Y.
Yeah, both soon-to-be mrs. ddrost1 and I dont fly for a hobby like many FTers here. Our goal on all our trips is to get to our destination as quickly, safely, and comfortably as possible which is why we are looking at more direct routings that may become available. We will not sacrifice J for Y unless it is for a a short express flight to SFO/LAX, or for a possible trans-Tasman hop. for instance i would likely not accept SFO-HNL in Y and HNL-AKL in J even if the transit time were significantly shorter.

Originally Posted by BearX220
Agree with this -- what if UAX cancels that morning SMF-LAX service, making you miss the NH flight? Go down the night before and get a nice room at the Westin LAX. Much less stress.

Nothing worries me more than taking a regional flight to a hub to connect with an international longhaul flight... especially when UAX is involved.
the cancelation, while a concern, is pretty unlikely...the OO jet flights to LAX are pretty reliable (i fly them often to connect to EWR). i guess my thought is if it cancels at 0538, we could run over to SFO or SJC and jump on something down to LAX. or i would just have them drop the segment and we would buy a one way on WN, DL, or AA on the day of departure. all those flights leave an hour or more after the scheduled departure of UAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.