Wiki Posts
Search

Reasons for Lost EWR Nonstops on UA?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by iquitos
doing OK to IST and EZE. For a carrier (CO) that has prided itself on the SA routes they are sure walking away from the furthest and most interesting city on the continent. They are giving it to American I guess. Not good for Star Alliance.
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/art...-by-89-percent
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Why UA doesn't at least alter HKG-EWR so that you can connect to it from SIN baffles me.
You can starting 2013-11-03: SIN-HKG arrives 0935, HKG-EWR departs 1125
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Don't forget the loss of IST
Right, IST as well. They pulling out of IST completely. Due to violence in Turkey.

Originally Posted by sbm12
No. It was announced but never operated; the coup had something to do with that.
Right, UA/CO never started. That's why they didn't fly. Due to Middle Eastern unrest.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
New York has the largest population of Greeks outside of Greece and for the summer DL's flights have been packed from both JFK and ATL. This is the best time to go to Greece.

(Someone who works at management with ATH told me it was more profitable to send then through Germany with LH or A3).
"Packed" means nothing. If these are leisure travelers on rock bottom discount fares, that doesn't support a route.

Full F/C/Y with a smattering of leisure will make a route work.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA US
[QUOTE=TWA Fan 1;21260971 As far as Bristol, this was discontinued in the fall of 2010. I don't know the exact reasons, but I would have to think that Bristol as simply too small a market.[/QUOTE]

I flew this route in September of 2009. I'd guess the problem was yields - the front cabin was more than half empty and economy was filled with older Brits who had been on a package vacation to Orlando
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Often1
"Packed" means nothing. If these are leisure travelers on rock bottom discount fares, that doesn't support a route.

Full F/C/Y with a smattering of leisure will make a route work.
Or a lucrative cargo contract that isn't apparent to anyone sitting above that compartment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.