Search

Advice on SDC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lawl COVID
Advice on SDC

Hey folks, could use a little help.

Stuck on UA47 which is working a rolling hourlong delay due to several factors. My connection is likely blown. I'm in BF/F heading for SFO. There's a later flight IAH -SFO that has confirmed F seats. Would you just do the SDC in the app, eat the fee, and hope you can sort it out later? Or would you call? Silver, no idea of any number locally in Germany that I could call. Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal
Hey folks, could use a little help.

Stuck on UA47 which is working a rolling hourlong delay due to several factors. My connection is likely blown. I'm in BF/F heading for SFO. There's a later flight IAH -SFO that has confirmed F seats. Would you just do the SDC in the app, eat the fee, and hope you can sort it out later? Or would you call? Silver, no idea of any number locally in Germany that I could call. Thanks.
I would approach an United agent at FRA and have them rebook you for a later flight. Given this is an IRROPS situation, you shouldn't have to pay anything. If you want to be sure you get a seat in F, you can do it through the app, even though I'm not sure it's allowed on international itineraries - it may let you do that once you have flown the FRA-IAH leg. If agents are unwilling to help since FRA is an outstation and may be handled by LH staff, I would try and call. You can ask them what number you can call. I think once you get someone on the phone, they'll definitely work on getting this taken care of for you. Good Luck!
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K
(Yikes, looks like the flight returned to gate for mx!)

Second the advice to ask a gate agent for help. If that doesn't work, UA German reservations is 49 (0) 69 50070387.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Always ask at the airport. Agents have a great deal of discretion and are all about preventing misconnects.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lawl COVID
Not in the terminal. On the plane at a remote stand. The app looks like it will lwt me confirm F on the later flt w/the fee. Apparently we are buttoning up to go so wont get to talk to an agent. I am just worried SHARES might make me a no show or something if i do the .sdc now.

Originally Posted by mherdeg
(Yikes, looks like the flight returned to gate for mx!)

Second the advice to ask a gate agent for help. If that doesn't work, UA German reservations is 49 (0) 69 50070387.
Thank you for this #! I dialed it and got another # which got me an agent. Im confirmed in F on the later flight. Only took her 10 min! Thanks FT fam! Now, if we could just get. Out of here like they have ben saying 4 the last 30..:P

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 1, 2013 at 8:39 am Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.