Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Coach fare same as first on ow sea-ord in August.

Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak

I paid 488 for this one way ticket on red eye. The schedule fits my plans. And FC is better than coach when the fare is identical. This may be common to most if you but if not you might want to look for this fare if you are flying soon.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by steve4031
I paid 488 for this one way ticket on red eye. The schedule fits my plans. And FC is better than coach when the fare is identical. This may be common to most if you but if not you might want to look for this fare if you are flying soon.
This isn't that unusual. ...almost certainly the FC fare has more restrictions on changes/refundability etc. than the economy fare. Having restricted first class fares price below unrestricted economy fares happens. Now if they were comparable on all other dimensions, that would be more unusual.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
One ways tend to jack up the prices
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
There are restrictions on the FC fare. I didn't read them that carefully. My assumption is that I'll make the flight. I usually do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.