Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food offerings in the UA Club Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Food offerings in the UA Club Lounges?

I was just wondering what kind of food do they have at breakfast and lunch?

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by yolie

Thanks!
lunch???? Unheard of at UA
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Not much writing home about.

Breakfast: Bagels, mini Danishes, oatmeal in some places (instant), and donut holes. Some cereal.

Lunch: Snack mixes.

Last edited by aacharya; Jul 22, 2013 at 9:27 am
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: UA, BA, AA, DL, SPG
B:reakfast: cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit
Lunch: cheese, crackers, carrots
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

Thanks!
LOL !!! Even in the GF Lounge they don't have much "food" remember, you are flying UA and not LH or CX....
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:30 am

It is a shock to compare the LH lounge in FRA with the UCs in IAD, which I did on a recent trip. I get that there is a big difference between a lounge with an international focus, and a domestic lounge, but it makes me wonder if it would be practical to offer a dedicated lounge for international travelers at the main hubs, where a somewhat better product could be offered.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:02 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Unhappy Kind of foods?

I consider them 'fattening' foods!
High refined carbohydrates !
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle

Thanks!
They have snack type food (cheese, crackers, bagels etc); however, no traditional meal type food. I know any time I have received a survey about how are we doing, I have put in the comments section that I would love to see United sell food type service in the clubs. I know the food isn't always going to be top notch; however, I always have a preference to go into a club to get away from the masses (think ORD concourses for UA Express), and to be able to have a little bit more solid food would be awesome ....

+-ADT
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Fill up on snacks for lunch, and fuel up on continental cold options for breakfast.

Man CAN live on cheese and crackers alone!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by valor155
Fill up on snacks for lunch, and fuel up on continental cold options for breakfast.

Man CAN live on cheese and crackers alone!
It would be an interesting experiment to see how long someone could live solely on UC food offerings before requiring hospitalization. Sort of like "Supersize Me."
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Cheese, crackers and carrots rules...LOL
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Sadly, I greatly prefer UA lounge snack food over anything US serves in their lounge. You guys forgot the Milano cookies! Cmon!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsdc
It is a shock to compare the LH lounge in FRA with the UCs in IAD, which I did on a recent trip. I get that there is a big difference between a lounge with an international focus, and a domestic lounge, but it makes me wonder if it would be practical to offer a dedicated lounge for international travelers at the main hubs, where a somewhat better product could be offered.
Well UA has an IFL at JFK just for FC paxs, that is JUST as bad as any of their other lounges. One would "hope" that at gateway cities that UA would have a true IFL, now, does it have to offer chauffer driven cars to the plane?, NO, buggy would be nice, but have a lounge that shows the airlines does care about the premium passenger.

Originally Posted by scottsam66
Sadly, I greatly prefer UA lounge snack food over anything US serves in their lounge. You guys forgot the Milano cookies! Cmon!
In regards to US, I know what to expect, but UA makes it sounds like they have a wonderful club...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 22, 2013 at 3:38 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by R&R
High refined carbohydrates
Carrots and cheese?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Well UA has an IFL at JFK just for FC paxs, that is JUST as bad as any of their other lounges. One would "hope" that at gateway cities that UA would have a true IFL, now, does it have to offer chauffer driven cars to the plane?, NO, buggy would be nice, but have a lounge that shows the airlines does care about the premium passenger.
The UC at HKG has real food. Sadly, it's the only one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.