Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 17, 13, 6:36 pm   #1

757-200 Configurations

After a schedule change from US Airways making my return flight from MCO-EWR much too late, I've decided to cancel that part of the itinerary and just book a one-way flight on UA for the return. The prices are so cheap right now for both F and Y so I'm considering getting F. I noticed that the flight 1727 (on 10/15) is on a 757-200 with the new lie-flat BusinessFirst seats, which I've never had the fortune to experience before and would like to. A more desirably timed flight (same price) is on an A320 but with no such seats. Are the odds low or high that the 757 might get swapped out for a non-international configured one (with 6 rows of standard domestic F seats as opposed to 4 rows of the BF)? Has anyone flown the EWR-MCO/MCO-EWR 757 routes that can comment? I'm definitely willing to spend the extra $ to try out the BF seats, but I'd more likely take the earlier flight and the cheap[er] Y seat if there's a high chance I won't be missing something special.
vince730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 13, 6:54 pm   #2

Programs: UA MM Gold, WN Companion,AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
The 757-200 with the nice seats are ex CO aircraft. The chances it gets swap are slim as ex CO didn't have domestic 757-200.

So, you should be good!
LASUA1K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 13, 7:12 pm   #3
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Odds of getting a domestic 757 are relatively low. Odds of it being swapped to another domestic config such as a 753, 739, 738 or A320 are higher.

No guarantees and they aren't selling the BF seat so you're not due anything if they do a swap at some point down the line.
sbm12 is online now   Reply With Quote