Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is Great Lake Airlines flight with a UA flight number considered a United flight?

Is Great Lake Airlines flight with a UA flight number considered a United flight?

Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Post Is Great Lake Airlines flight with a UA flight number considered a United flight?

Hi, folks,

I am based overseas. As read on United's website that in order "To qualify for any Premier level, members must fly at least four paid flights operated by United or Copa during a calendar year". Therefore, I need to do a quick same-day MR later this year when I visit US to pocket those "four flights".

When I am exploring different possible destinations, I noticed that a particular flight that is operated by Great Lake Airlines (flight number UA7200). I am wondering if this flight is considered as a United flight or not?

Thanks a million for your help.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:49 pm

No, ZK is a normal codeshare partner, just like flying US or NZ. You must take flights on UA, UAx, or CM. However, you can earn miles for ZK operated flights.

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=440
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Indelaware
No, ZK is a normal codeshare partner, just like flying US or NZ. You must take flights on UA, UAx, or CM. However, you can earn miles for ZK operated flights.

Thanks, buddy.
That's a shame...This is probably the cheapest I can find. Guess I will have to look for other options.

If ZK is not counted. How about Skywest, or any other United Express carriers? Will they be counted as United flights?

Last edited by redwingsGAO; Jul 16, 2013 at 12:30 am
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redwingsGAO
If ZK is not counted. How about Skywest, or any other United Express carriers? Will they be counted as United flights?
Yes, all flights operating as United Express will count toward your four-flight minimum.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by Indelaware

The important difference here is that ZK is a non-*A partner unlike the UAX operators like OO. Other partners include 9K, HA, and EI.

Keep in mind that, unlike many other partners, you have to book the UA codeshare to get ZK credit. To complicate matters further, the UA codeshares can only be purchased as part of a connection. If you buy a ticket directly from ZK or via a travel agent and it carries the ZK code you cannot get UA credit. For example, UA245 (ORD-DEN) connecting to UA7302 (DEN-LBL) gets credit whereas ZK7302 (DEN-LBL) does not UA7302 cannot be purchased without a connecting UA flight.

This is different than, for example, NZ where you can buy a ticket directly from NZ without any UA segments and get credit.

Last edited by kenn0223; Jul 16, 2013 at 7:53 am
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, DL, AA, SK, AC, NH, Starwood, Choice, Hilton
Originally Posted by kenn0223
This is different than, for example, AZ where you can buy a ticket directly from AZ without any UA segments and get credit.
Since when can you earn UA miles on Alitalia?
I think you mean NZ.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by SittingUpFront
Since when can you earn UA miles on Alitalia?
I think you mean NZ.
Ha, sure enough. Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And be careful with Silver Airways. Seems some of their flights go as UAX and others don't. There has been a thread about them recently but can't find it right now.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Baze
And be careful with Silver Airways. Seems some of their flights go as UAX and others don't. There has been a thread about them recently but can't find it right now.
Not anymore. See the first notice: http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/trav...elnotices.aspx
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Reading that it depends on where you fly out of on them. Hope it is clear on the booking page.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Baze
Reading that it depends on where you fly out of on them. Hope it is clear on the booking page.
I was under the impression that this was for all Silver flights, and that all they do is Florida and the Bahamas...
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
I was under the impression that this was for all Silver flights, and that all they do is Florida and the Bahamas...
Yup, Silver Airways dba United Express out of Cleveland and Washington but Silver airways as a codeshare out of Florida and Bahamas.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.