Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wco81
I haven't stayed at too many Marriott's.

All my travel is leisure and I often find better values, especially overseas.

What does Gold Elite get you? You accumulate points for upgrades and free rooms but I have no points (have been invited to get their credit card but from other threads, I get the sense that they give out a lot of points freely and it takes more points to get rooms every year).

I guess if you book Marriott, you can either get Marriott points or MP miles?

I stayed at a Courtyard Marriott in NY a few months ago but booked it through booking.com, so I imagine there would be no points involved on such rates. At least that's how SPG used to do it, you had to book through their own site.
Maybe I'm daft, but it's just granting you Marriott status. If nothing else, it's free status and may get you better treatment, a few upgrades, some free breakfasts, etc. should you happen to have occasion to take advantage of it. Nice to have in your back pocket, even if you rarely/never use it.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/gold.mi
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I got my RewardsPlus email this afternoon but I got my new Ritz Carlton gold card/packet 3-4 days ago.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Technical Difficulties

I just received an email to register for RewardsPlus for Marriott Gold status, and when I try to complete the registration I get the following error message:

"We are currently having technical difficulties. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience. [NOM]"

Has anyone else who has tried to register recently had this problem or is it just me?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: 1k
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
I just received an email to register for RewardsPlus for Marriott Gold status, and when I try to complete the registration I get the following error message:

"We are currently having technical difficulties. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience. [NOM]"

Has anyone else who has tried to register recently had this problem or is it just me?
When I first tried last year I got some type of error.

But I called them (Marriott) and they put things through. It did take a few weeks though.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: 1k
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Maybe I'm daft, but it's just granting you Marriott status. If nothing else, it's free status and may get you better treatment, a few upgrades, some free breakfasts, etc. should you happen to have occasion to take advantage of it. Nice to have in your back pocket, even if you rarely/never use it.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/gold.mi
It takes 50 nights a year at Marriott's to qualify for this through their program.

Depending on where you stay, it is what you say and much more.

Some Marriott's have a full on dinner in their lounges. The JW in Bangkok has a chef and several guys cooking up fresh hot food.
My best experience was in Budapest where they had Filet Mignon and full on dinner in the lounge.

Many include free booze including hard stuff. If you add it up in some cities, it is a huge benefit.

Last edited by Asiatraveler15; Apr 27, 2015 at 5:26 pm
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
I'm at the Marriott Little Rock (Arkansas) at the moment. The cocktail snacks are significantly better than expected -- good cold cuts, some hot thing, nice bowls of fruits or vegetables, cheese, crackers, and lots of drinks. It's a nice perk for someone who stayed at Marriotts only 12 nights last year. ^

The complimentary Gold status is earning Marriott my business right now, and for the next few weeks. I could stay at the Doubletree (Hilton) down the road, but I'm here instead. The program is providing some benefit to them.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Tried to search but could not find anything.

What if as a Marriot Platinum one get the UA silver, can you qualify to UA Gold just by flying 25k miles ( the difference from Silver to Gold)? Would that work?

thanks
Old May 20, 2015, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Tried to search but could not find anything.

What if as a Marriot Platinum one get the UA silver, can you qualify to UA Gold just by flying 25k miles ( the difference from Silver to Gold)? Would that work?
Absent a challenge, no.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I just recently heard of this United-Marriott relationship. And today I learned that there is a United-Hertz partnership, with certain MP Premier levels giving certain Hertz elite levels.

Are there any other similar United- partnerships out there that I should know about? They aren't advertised well, and I'm bummed I've been missing out this whole time.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Are there any other similar United- partnerships out there that I should know about? They aren't advertised well, and I'm bummed I've been missing out this whole time.
Have you looked at the MP offers page recently?
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...tions/all.aspx
Old May 26, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by jtet
Have you looked at the MP offers page recently?
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...tions/all.aspx
Holy moly...I almost regret asking now.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Glad to help!

Old May 27, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just got a mailer today that Global Services members will be further upgraded to Marriott Platinum status Guess that will be nice in the rare instance I need to stay in a Marriott! (0-1 nights/year on average) ^^
Old May 27, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Just got a mailer today that Global Services members will be further upgraded to Marriott Platinum status Guess that will be nice in the rare instance I need to stay in a Marriott! (0-1 nights/year on average) ^^
Marriott has gotten completely insane.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Didn't get the mailer but was just on my Marriott account page and was wondering why I have Platinum status. Now I know. ^ While I am pleased, I am sure others are not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.