Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
As of 3 March 2019, UA elites are being matched to the new Marriott Bonvoy Gold level including those UA elites who had gone Marriott Plat status during the Marriott / Starwood merger process. Marriott Bonvoy Gold does not include lounge access and late checkout is 2 PM

Archive Thread RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

************************************* Information below applied to the previous arrangement with Marriott and parts are out of date ***********************************
FAQs: https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en

Q: If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re–qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following year, will I need to also re–register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?

A: No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year.

-------------------------------

For the United elites who are new to Marriott Rewards, here are the benefits you receive as Gold. Please familiarize yourself with what you are and are not entitled to as a Marriott Gold.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/gold.mi

Also, please be nice to the Marriott 'newbies' who come to this forum to figure out what UA Silver gets (or doesn't get) them.

And here is a thread with some details for the newly-minted UA Silvers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...riences-q.html

RewardsPlus combines the best of MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards

United MileagePlus® and Marriott Rewards® are excited to announce that the exclusive travel benefits of our RewardsPlus program will continue into 2016. Once registered for RewardsPlus, MileagePlus members with Premier® Gold status or higher are eligible for Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it. This year’s status offerings will be effective through January 2017.

Go places you’ve dreamed of in 2016 and elevate your experience everywhere.

• MileagePlus Premiers who are already registered: If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016, we’ll automatically renew your benefits in Marriott Rewards for another year, until January 2017
• If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016 and have not yet registered, sign-up now. Registration is easy and complimentary, and you’ll enjoy a year of great benefits with an upgrade to Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status
• Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members who are already registered: If you qualify for Platinum Elite status in Marriott Rewards for 2016, more good news – we’ll automatically renew your benefits in MileagePlus for another year, until January 2017
• All members of both programs: You’ll continue to enjoy a 20% discount every time you convert Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles as well as 10% more miles when you redeem points for RewardsPlus travel packages

Continue to take your benefits above and beyond.

For United MileagePlus members with Premier Gold status or higher, Marriott Rewards will offer Gold Elite status, which includes:

• Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (Resorts are excluded)
• Room upgrades, based on availability and limited to Member’s personal guest room
• Complimentary in-room enhanced Internet access at more than 3,800 hotels globally
• 25% point bonus on all Marriott stays
• Priority late check-out, based on availability
• Gold Elite customized offers and awards
• One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit United’s Premier Silver members will also receive

For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United MileagePlus will offer Premier Silver status, which includes:

• Complimentary access to Economy Plus® at check-in for you and a companion (when available)
• Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmation as early as day of departure
• Premier Access® priority airport services, including check-in, baggage handling, security screening (where available) and boarding
• One complimentary checked bag, standard size
• 7 award miles for every dollar you spend on United flights*

Elevate your travel experience with another year of RewardsPlus. For more information about RewardsPlus and to learn how to register, visit united.com/rewardsplus or mrrewardsplus.com.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/loyalty-program/pages/elevate-your-experience-with-united-mileageplus-and-marriott-rewards.aspx

While not publicly stated, in 2017, Marriott Platinum Premiers were matched as United Premier Gold (Marriott Platinum Elites are matched as Premier Silver)
and United Global Services members were matched as Marriott Platinum Elites (appears this was for 2017 only and will not be offered in 2018)
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
When the program was initially launched and Marriott Gold had Club/breakfast benefits, it actually shifted some meaningful spend from other chains to Marriott; for a free agent it was a decision factor that made a difference...
Before Marriott downgraded the benefits for 1K members I too used to choose to stay at their properties. Cannot remember the last time I stayed at a Mariott property.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Since mid-2018, the Marriott BONV°Y™ Gold Elite status, earned at 25 yearly Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN), has been fairly worthless anyway -- 2:00 p.m. checkout, slightly higher point earnings.

The good stuff -- breakfast, lounge access, 4:00 p.m. checkout, Free Night Certificate (FNC) -- starts at Platinum (50 EQN), and Titanium (75 EQN) for the FNC (with 75 actual EQN, not lifetime status).

Prior to mid-2018, the Marriott Reward® Gold you earned required 50 EQN, and Platinum was the 75-EQN level.

Marriott invented the new 25-EQN faux Gold level because UA Premier Gold members were getting "too good of a deal" at Marriott.

So, as the entirety of this thread makes clear, UA Premier Gold members and above got BONV°Yed!
Not exactly. Pre-merger Marriott Gold was higher than pre-merger Starwood Gold, which was equiv to pre-merger Marriott Silver. As the mess was merged, Marriott adopted 4 levels with Titanium as top. I went from lifetime Platinum to Lifetime Titanium as a result. Everything else, from a Marriott perspective was downgrade one notch.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
When the program was initially launched and Marriott Gold had Club/breakfast benefits, it actually shifted some meaningful spend from other chains to Marriott; for a free agent it was a decision factor that made a difference.

Bonvoy Gold certainly isn’t worth a ton these days, but I will still gladly take the free bump up from my Lifetime Silver status (woohoo!) if it earns me a few more points and an occasional upgrade. And yes, I have received two club upgrades at one specific property because I was Gold in the past two years.

But, it seems Marriott forgot about my UA Gold status and busted me down to Silver this year. I thought in past years it wasn’t necessary to reapply!?

I also have the Amex Plat and thus have two routes to Bonvoy Gold. Guess I got double-BONV°Yed!
I noticed this yesterday that I was bumped down to Silver. Re-applied and I am back at Gold despite not coming close to the 25-night minimum stay. My previous stay at a Marriott property last month, I did receive an upgrade to a Suite despite not having Platinum status.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
New Marriott Partnership with SQ

Under the current partnership between United Airlines (UA) and Marriott, frequent guests of the latter who have the two highest statuses, namely Marriott BONV°Y Ambassador Elite and ​​​​​Marriott BONV°Y Titanium Elite, are eligible for complimentary UA Premier Silver ​​​​​​membership, which is also Star Alliance (*A) Silver (*S).

Now Marriott has a new partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ). Under this partnership, SQ *S membership is granted to the top three highest Marriott statuses, including Marriott BONV°Y Platinum Elite.

https://travel-partner.marriott.com/singapore/en-gb

Preferred Partnership with KrisFlyer (Marriott forum)

If Marriott could persuade UA to follow suit in bestowing UA *S to the same Elites, it would help the guests, but also induce more flights on UA by those frequent travellers.
FriendlySkies likes this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Dec 17, 2023 at 4:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.