Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyDubai Earning Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
FlyDubai Earning Miles?

I did a search and couldn't find anything in a thread about this but it seems FlyDubai will earn miles on United. I'm doing a search for Jan 2014 and FlyDubai comes up as a connection option out of DXB.

In the past, no miles showed up next to those flights indicating you wouldn't earn miles. The website is now showing miles so I wonder if FlyDubai will be eligible for earning miles. The "Earn Miles" page has not been updated and does not list FlyDubai but wondering if there is a pending announcement? Could this be part of the good news alluded to in that recent Twitter posting?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd bet on it being a bug more than anything as of right now. The earning rates with partners has always been troublesome on the site.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by sbm12
I'd bet on it being a bug more than anything as of right now. The earning rates with partners has always been troublesome on the site.
I would tend to agree. It's just that I see FlyDubai as a connecting option more now than before but we'll stick with it being a bug and we'll see....
Old Jul 14, 2013, 10:06 am
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
FlyDubai is owned by Emirates.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by zh
FlyDubai is owned by Emirates.
FlyDubai (FZ) is not owned by Emirates (EK).

Both FlyDubai and Emirates are separately owned by the Government of Dubai. That makes FZ and EK competing siblings or cousins, but not parent and subsidiary.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Doubt it but would love it. FlyDubai doesn't even have a FF program of its own.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:31 am

I thought they took out PQM earning display entirely. No?

They are only showing mileage distances now from what I can tell (not PQM earnings).
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edcho
I thought they took out PQM earning display entirely. No?

They are only showing mileage distances now from what I can tell (not PQM earnings).
You're correct. However, they were showing 0 for mileage distance on flights that didn't accrue miles. The website seems to have a bug is showing distances for non-accrual flights including British Airways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.