Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: edcho
7/12/2013 @ 1:16 AM ET - Post 1 - An tweet noticed by penner42 in regards to "a new rewards experience" coming to MileagePlus members. Direct link for tweet post is here and for Facebook is here.
7/12/2013 @ 2:33 PM ET - Post 179 - An update by UA Insider telling us to hang tight.
Hi everyone,

Wanted to jump in here and let you know that we are indeed looking ahead to an announcement about new reward opportunities for MileagePlus members—over and above what you’ve seen already this week. I’ll ask that you sit tight for the next few days, but rest assured you can expect full details from me the minute we go live. And while I know you’ll give us honest feedback (as always), I do believe this is something to look forward to :-).

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Note: The Mercedes-Benz offer for Premier members is NOT related to this.
Print Wikipost

New rewards experience coming

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by goalie
Donning my Man of la Mancha helmet.....

MM lifetime status will be returned to PMUA levels and GPU's will be useable on all fares

<and now, cue the music>
"To dream the impossible dream....."
Forget the windmills, you're clearly tilting at thin air.

[mine]
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Just burned 270k miles on trips for next year
Not taking a risk on unitedyen changes to the award chart
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:50 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
This it?

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...atureduse.aspx
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by saranyc
Those are all old stuff.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:42 pm

Any way to book a flight when I'm short the points? Ill have them by statement close at the end of the month but sounds like that may be too late
Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:02 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Quote:

MM lifetime status will be returned to PMUA levels and GPU's will be useable on all fares

&lt;and now, cue the music&gt;
&quot;To dream the impossible dream.....&quot;

Forget the windmills, you're clearly tilting at thin air.

[mine]
What you talkin' 'bout windmill? .

I also forgot to add that where we're getting ToD'd left right and center and our upgrades are not clearing, 1k drink chits will be able to be used to purchase snack boxes in the village
Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm

<and now, cue the music>
"To dream the impossible dream....."
Now we're talking. ^
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by nrdk
Any way to book a flight when I'm short the points? Ill have them by statement close at the end of the month but sounds like that may be too late
Hopefully they will give some "grace" period before the "enhancements" take place.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
It seems that this whole 'operation' is a joke.

A tweet that comes out multiple days before the announcement - do they understand what twitter is?

A tweet AND a 'company representative' repeatedly calling an award, a 'reward'?

Waiting 179 posts to be their first message to the forum, when they have a so-called 'representative'?

This is aside from all the fake 'enhancements' going on - it's sad to say, but a company that I grew up ENJOYING to fly has turned into this organisation that I can't even trust!

I'll be booking an AWARD flight this weekend because i'm assuming that Jeffy Jeff is doing some more cuts to MP
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by nrdk
In case you didnt know, you can buy miles to make up any shortfall.

Originally Posted by LeviFlight
What a fuss over nothing. The news is no news - which is a relief to all. Of all cars why Merc they drive like a boat?
Apparently you haven't driven one....

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 13, 2013 at 12:39 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From what Aaron posted, it does not sound like it will be something bad - at least for now. This is probably related to enhancements they said to expect when PQD was announced...

Some of my guesses:

1 - redesigned website
2 - threshold gifts like AA
3 - redeem miles at 0.x cent(s) per mile for "revenue" award tickets

I don't think there will be any changes that would require big changes to the MileagePlus system as they must be busy with making changes to the system for the new PQD requirement. Otherwise, I would guess a point based upgrade system (like AC).

I don't think UA is in the position to make MileagePlus worse. That will come when they feel their operations and product have gotten better

If it is something totally anti-consumer, then it must be UA's way to cause more concerns on airline consolidation and ruin the chance for the AA/US merger...
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, so much speculation in this thread (most of it bad) with absolutely zero facts to base any of it on. People dumping miles because they think they will be devalued. Panic in the streets based on nothing. Wait and see. No, don't get me wrong, I have no good feelings or expectations about what the announcement might actually be base on the amount of bad news we have received since the merger. But I am not going to dump my miles or make unfounded speculations. Feels like chicken little around here.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Wow, so much speculation in this thread (most of it bad) with absolutely zero facts to base any of it on. People dumping miles because they think they will be devalued. Panic in the streets based on nothing. Wait and see. No, don't get me wrong, I have no good feelings or expectations about what the announcement might actually be base on the amount of bad news we have received since the merger. But I am not going to dump my miles or make unfounded speculations. Feels like chicken little around here.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Apparently you haven't driven one....
As one who had an S500 and now a brand spanking new S550 4-matic...a boat it is not.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
is this the Emmy Awards bidding?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.