New rewards experience coming

Subscribe
Aaron said he believes this is something to look forward to.
Could it be the case that this is going to be an actual improvement that happens once in a millennium?
Quote: I can't speak from personal experience, but it looks like both YN and JN have been around for a while: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...uckets-ua.html
JN = YUP among other things

Quote: Aaron said he believes this is something to look forward to.
Could it be the case that this is going to be an actual improvement that happens once in a millennium?
While I hope you are right, I very much doubt that we would catch UA Insider saying "I do believe this is something to dread"
Quote: Aaron said he believes this is something to look forward to.
It could. Lets all say it together.
http://thepointsguy.com/2013/07/unit...equent-flyers/

is this the enhancement? if so why is everyone still freaking out?
Quote: http://thepointsguy.com/2013/07/unit...equent-flyers/

is this the enhancement? if so why is everyone still freaking out?
That isn't the enhancement.
My guess is that there will be no more complimentary upgrades of any kind but premiers will get a discount on paid upgrades: 10% for Silver, 15% for Gold, 20% for Plat, and 25% for 1K. 0% for GS since they should be flying paid C and F anyway.
Reduction in the amount of miles required to fly the 787?? Like when a store puts things on clearance just to get them off the shelves??

Too soon??
Fix the phantom 5D instead of 6D seat blocking on the 767-300 longhaul flights.
Quote: and, they will no longer have the largest network after the AA/US after that merger closes.
It'll be the 'largest network that flies to every po-dunk city on the east coast' vs. 'the largest network that flies to every po-dunk city in Central America'.

And therefore each claim is almost meaningless to the average traveler.
Two guesses:

1. Miles + cash awards
2. New partner for redemption (Emirates? Westjet?)
If there is a devaluation of the award chart, will it be immediate or will there be time to burn? I think I'm going to burn before the announcement though.

ETA: If it was really good news, I think they would tell us already because of all the negative comments.
Quote: Reduction in the amount of miles required to fly the 787?? Like when a store puts things on clearance just to get them off the shelves??

Too soon??
LOL. Maybe a reverse auction set-up.
Donning my Man of la Mancha helmet.....

MM lifetime status will be returned to PMUA levels and GPU's will be useable on all fares

<and now, cue the music>
"To dream the impossible dream....."
hoping it's 1.5x lifetime credit for business flights like it used to be, not just BIS miles.
Quote: hoping it's 1.5x lifetime credit for business flights like it used to be, not just BIS miles.
Must be referring to pmCO. UA has always been just BIS. But it got you a higher lifetime status too than pmCO.