Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: edcho
7/12/2013 @ 1:16 AM ET - Post 1 - An tweet noticed by penner42 in regards to "a new rewards experience" coming to MileagePlus members. Direct link for tweet post is here and for Facebook is here.
7/12/2013 @ 2:33 PM ET - Post 179 - An update by UA Insider telling us to hang tight.
Hi everyone,

Wanted to jump in here and let you know that we are indeed looking ahead to an announcement about new reward opportunities for MileagePlus members—over and above what you’ve seen already this week. I’ll ask that you sit tight for the next few days, but rest assured you can expect full details from me the minute we go live. And while I know you’ll give us honest feedback (as always), I do believe this is something to look forward to :-).

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Note: The Mercedes-Benz offer for Premier members is NOT related to this.
Print Wikipost

New rewards experience coming

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Wanted to jump in here and let you know that we are indeed looking ahead to an announcement about new reward opportunities for MileagePlus members—over and above what you’ve seen already this week. I’ll ask that you sit tight for the next few days, but rest assured you can expect full details from me the minute we go live. And while I know you’ll give us honest feedback (as always), I do believe this is something to look forward to :-).

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
Thank you Aaron, wanna give us a hint
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Hi everyone,

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
So much for it just being the Mercedes deal. My bet is on a three tier system with YQ surcharges for foreign redemptions (a la Delta). Sounds like the full details won't be coming until after the weekend, since UA Insider is saying "a few days." So this weekend is a good time to plan redemptions.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
Please try not to ruin my Monday .
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
For yourself/United, or for us?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA IK, Hyatt Plat, Avis PP
Please be a gimp suit, please be a gimp suit, please be a gimp suit.

Seriously though, this will likely emulate the Delta Choice Benefits. They're copying everything else from Delta, why not this too.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:40 pm

I wonder if they're going to make the flight simulator a permanent award. What did the bidding for the last one end at, 150k miles?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by edcho
Please try not to ruin my Monday .
Fear not! United prefers to ruin Fridays, not Mondays.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by sincx
I wonder if they're going to make the flight simulator a permanent award. What did the bidding for the last one end at, 150k miles?
I got it for flying 300K miles in one year about 7 years ago!
It was sssssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooo coooooool!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:47 pm

Hi everyone,

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
A few days? Wow, sounds like someone got a little bit trigger happy on Twitter.

Programs: UA Mileage+
I do believe this is something to look forward to :-).

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
I don't think he'd post this disingenuously, he knows he'd get absolutely pilloried on here.
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
we'll hold Aaron to his words and see if his loyalty lies with his customers, his shareholders, or just the one sitting in the ivory tower ... i mean .... willis tower

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Perhaps this is just United's way of reducing liability of outstanding mileage balances by inducing us all to redeem over the weekend.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by amartin1979
Perhaps this is just United's way of reducing liability of outstanding mileage balances by inducing us all to redeem over the weekend.
half-priced awards all weekend, but by monday 12:01am saver awards eliminated
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by fjfv19
Fear not! United prefers to ruin Fridays, not Mondays.
And for those who have million miles or more saved in their account, this will completely ruin their entire weekend ;-).
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Man, based on the response here, if I had access to the UA Twitter machine I would leave cryptic tweets all the time just to get a rise out of people.
How cool would that be? First tweet: "Making MAJOR enhancements to MP this weekend to make sure all passengers get everything they're entitled to. More details in 24 hours."

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.