Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying ticket for infant not yet born

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
You would buy the infant at an adult rate, but that doesn't work either in your case, since you want the lap child option/10% fee.

I think your only safe bet is to purchase the wife's ticket now, and then add the infant once born and named.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
How do I add the infant? Would I call UA, as online, there's no way of purchasing a stand-alone infant. (By "adding," would they be on the same PNR?)
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
How do I add the infant? Would I call UA, as online, there's no way of purchasing a stand-alone infant. (By "adding," would they be on the same PNR?)
You should be able to call. I added a lap infant to several previously booked reservations, albeit domestic ones.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by fly18725
You should be able to call. I added a lap infant to several previously booked reservations, albeit domestic ones.
+1 - just call UA and explain. I've done this multiple times and never had an issue (I have adopted six children internationally and each time didn't know birthdates or anything - UA can handle it - or at least they used to it's been several years.....)
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly18725
Excellent, thanks. I'll call UA now to confirm this can be done even on international, but looks like I'll go ahead and purchase the wife ticket. Just hope the baby isn't more than 1 month late

Does anyone know regarding bulkhead - whether it's free for someone traveling with an infant?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Excellent, thanks. I'll call UA now to confirm this can be done even on international, but looks like I'll go ahead and purchase the wife ticket. Just hope the baby isn't more than 1 month late

Does anyone know regarding bulkhead - whether it's free for someone traveling with an infant?
It depends on the plane. I've been kicked out of the bulkhead on newer 737s with the airbags in the seat belt.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Buying ticket for infant not yet born

UA site says you get a free seat for the adult traveling with the infant and 1 companion.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So does that mean they kick out pax seated there? I know UA is constantly switching seats, but I thought that was a bug. I've had the bulkhead many times in my life and never been switched

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.